Registered
53,582 Posts

·
Registered
53,582 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Why are Fed Cup matches counted in players' H2H records but Hopman Cup matches aren't? I noticed that Sukova's official H2H record against Graf includes a loss in the 1989 Fed Cup but not the match from the 1992 Hopman Cup where Graf retired with an illness in the second set thus losing the tie to Sukova.

Is the Hopman Cup officially an exhibition?

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Why are Fed Cup matches counted in players' H2H records but Hopman Cup matches aren't? I noticed that Sukova's official H2H record against Graf includes a loss in the 1989 Fed Cup but not the match from the 1992 Hopman Cup where Graf retired with an illness in the second set thus losing the tie to Sukova.

no ITF event, no WTA event, no H2H count

·
Registered
53,582 Posts

Yes, Hopman Cup is only an exhibition (for mixed teams), not important.

Fed Cup is a REAL competition, organized from ITF like the Grand Slams, very important.

·
Registered
53,582 Posts
41 - 48 of 48 Posts