Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We take these figures with a large block of salt. Last year, Serena was 5 cm taller, and 10kg heavier. No one else has grown shorter, and if they were heavier, they wouldn't list it here.

What's more interesting is that most of these players are in roughly the best shape of their careers. Exceptions would be Lindsay and Serena.

* Lindsay WAS in the best shape of her career.
* As for Serena, all I can say is, I really do believe she weighs more than Martina. I know, I know, 'grassy knoll', 'Elvis Lives', all that, but I think Serena weighs a pound or two more than Martina, and is more than 3 cm taller.

1.89m 79kg Lindsay
1.85m 73kg Venus
1.79m 70kg Monica

1.75m 64kg Amelie
1.75m 60kg Jelena
1.74m 68kg Kim
1.74m 61kg Jenn
1.73m 59kg Serena

1.70m 59kg Hingis
1.67m 57kg Justine

What time's the Toray final?

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
After working with Mike Nishihara, Jelena has slimmed down to 57.9 kg

It's amazing, she's the tallest out of Kim, Justine etc........and one of the lightest!

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Serena must not have realized that nobody else would be fibbing this year. According to this she is 20 pounds lighter than Kim and built more slender than Venus.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Wow,Im surprised at Serenas weight.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jordan, that HAS to be a typo. If it isn't, she's the same weight as Martina.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Serena has 10 pounds more than Martina in her bra. Does she expect us to believe the rest of her is 10 pounds lighter? Or it could just be that they accidentally put another players height and weight there. I remember the WTA site used to say that Kim was born in 1974.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
I shouldn't say "nobody else fibbing". Is Jen 2kg heavier than Martina and 9kg lighter than Monica? No.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
This is all wrong. Serena is supposed to be 178cm. Monica is 180cm.

Venus is 72kg. Serena is 66kg. :bounce:

·
20,610 Posts
Oh yeah... the last time I checked, Jennifer's listed weight was 55kg! :eek: :eek:

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
I just thought Serena had ALOT of muscle,and I thought she might of weighed alittle more,geez...:rolleyes:

·
10,772 Posts
Jen is actually quite short compared to Lindsay- Venus etc...

4cm taller than Martina?? Kinda makes her "I'm too small to play against the big hitters" argument very weak....

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
JC is not 61 kilo, that`s impossible. she doesn`t look thin and even when it are all muscles then she still must weight more, or is it realy that the tv makes people look much heavier on tv as in real?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Jordan, you misunderstood Volcana. Everyone here thinks Serena "might of weighed a little more."

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Yeah I would agree that there are some mistakes in the weights but they're not coming from Volcana, i checked all the questionable weights at the wta site and Volcana didn't make any mistake in copying the weights so the mistake must be on the wta site because there is no way that Serena and Martina are the same weight and Jenn isn't just 2kg heavier than Martina!

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
lot of women lie about their weight, that`s just a fact.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Martina's weight has been wrong for the last three years. Since 1999, she has weighed an average of 56kgs. She was reportedly 54kgs at the start of 2001. This was from a fact sheet that I got at the Hopman Cup. I don't know where people got Martina as being 59kgs from. For the record, Anna is currently 55kgs.

Steffi Graf was 59kgs for most of the early part of her career, and she was 175cm tall. She looked perfect. When Steffi retired, she reportedly weighed 63kgs, according to the WTA site. She still looked perfect.

I remember when Peter Graf kicked up such a fuss when he complained to reporters that Steffi had edged up to 60kgs and that she would need to lose that one kilo to play better. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Jennifer's height/weight stats haven't changed since 1990!?! :)

·
10,772 Posts
Mark - REALLY!?!?! OMG, that's awful - they should do an update every year. I don't think they update the personal, or I'd like to ask Jen if her film and swing dancing preferences have changed...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts