Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first two questions of his post-match interview today:

Q. Juan Carlos, are you sufficiently familiar with Martin Verkerk, or did you have somebody watch his match today, just to do some scouting?
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Yeah.

Q. Do you feel like you know him well enough?
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: I watched a little bit the match. But the thing is, last year in Kitzbuhel, I played against him one match and I won in two sets.

He also said that he had to win Roland Garros. How could you bet against someone this cocky?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Why is it cocky when he said he had to win :confused: ? If he say "I will win", then it's cocky. But we've been criticizing him for losing the final last year for the past 12 months. I do think he has to win this final or else. But Verkerk will be a tough one to past, me think.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Were you intend to make him looked cocky? Or should you quote this too:

Ferrero
About Verkerk
"He's with a lot of confidence right now because he beat very great tennis players here and, I think the clay court is not his surface. He's a little bit surprise, but he's playing unbelievable."

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like I said, those were the first words out of his mouth when asked about Verkerk. That other stuff you posted came after the interviewers said asked Ferrero, "Well, he's torn up the draw and done remarkably well. Don't you think?"

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Eh, Ferrero likely is a little cocky ;) But why shouldn't he be? He's the favourite, and I can't see him fluffing it - not to suggest that Costa wouldn't have beaten him last year regardless.. I happen to think that he very well could have. But he's tasted defeat, and it's not his thing :p

That said, Verkerk will likely be a tough cookie. I just hope, I really hope, that we finally get a good slam final. USO was okay, but for the past year they have pretty much blown.

·
Premium Member
181,835 Posts
wouldn't Ferrero (Mosquito) be better off atacking the Face on Saturday night when he's asleep ;)

imagine when he wakes up on Sunday ;)

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
Go JUANQUI!

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
The first two questions of his post-match interview today:

Q. Juan Carlos, are you sufficiently familiar with Martin Verkerk, or did you have somebody watch his match today, just to do some scouting?
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Yeah.

Q. Do you feel like you know him well enough?
JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: I watched a little bit the match. But the thing is, last year in Kitzbuhel, I played against him one match and I won in two sets.

He also said that he had to win Roland Garros. How could you bet against someone this cocky?
The Verkerk of last year at Kitzbuhel is no where to be seen at the moment. ;)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
why is this cocky?

didn't he win in two sets last year? cocky would be if he said I won last year in two sets losing 7 games this time it will be 0!

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
verkerk is the king :worship:

·
Registered
573 Posts
If Ferrerro wins, which he more than likely will, will he start going on about being number 1 and winning the US Open again? :p

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
it's not cocky to say he's has to win...he's the clear favourite, it's up to him to win, verkerk has got nothing to lose.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Dina said:
If Ferrerro wins, which he more than likely will, will he start going on about being number 1 and winning the US Open again? :p
More than likely. But the real question is, if he finally wins a slam, will you guys finally shut up about him talking about being number one? He'll be 400 points or so away if he wins.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
I cannot cope with Ferrero not winning this year.

He has done all the hard work by getting past two people that have winning records over him.

This time is going to be his big win.

Please.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Rebecca said:
More than likely. But the real question is, if he finally wins a slam, will you guys finally shut up about him talking about being number one? He'll be 400 points or so away if he wins.
no :p not unless he reaches final of a hardcourt TMS and semis of another slam

1 - 20 of 26 Posts