Tennis Forum banner

3381 - 3396 of 3396 Posts

·
Registered
11,894 Posts
Nice start to the season for Hev despite the rough start with the loss to Sanders in Brisbane.

She qualified in Hobart with wins over Stojanovic and Haley Carter, and is off to a winning start in the main draw by beating Jil Teichman despite getting trounced in the first set 6-1. I'd call this a somewhat solid start to the season so far with two top 100 victories already.
It's looking promising. Hev has always done really well in Hobart though.

Honestly, Hev should be in the top 50 though. I hope to see her back there soon.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Hev on a roll. 3 and a half hours plus rain delay and dubious MTO near the end from Mertens. And she still has a doubles to play before the day is done.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice week for Hev, firmly back in the top 100. She should be proud of what’s she’s accomplished at the latter stages of last year, and a brilliant start to this year.

Rybakina has played a lot of tennis the last two weeks and had a gruelling match today, wonder how fresh she’ll be tomorrow.

Good choice to give the walkover in doubles, she had little to no chance against Peng/Zhang anyway.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Heather's got practically nothing to defend until May. If she can get a few wins here and there, she can get herself in the frame to qualify for Tokyo, which I think she would dearly like to do.

So hopefully, this current form holds up.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
She did it!

Back into the top 50, and all she has to defend until the end of the grass season is:

QF ITF60 Kurume, 15 points
W ITF60 Fukuoka, 80 points
QR2 Roland Garros, 20 points
QF ITF100, Surbiton 25 points
R2 Wimbledon, 70 points

Everything else was a first round loss last year.

·
Registered
11,894 Posts
Yes Hev!!!

Hoping she can show a bit more consistency on the WTA tour this year.. At this rate, with Jo's problems, she could be British no.1 again.

·
Registered
13,637 Posts
Well done Heather. Fernandez is young but has a lot of talent and didn't make it easy for Heather. I thought Leylah seemed very nice. There were nice words at the net and she was polite enough to revert to English in her speech at the end when she congratulated Heather. It was lovlely to see Heather's mum there too - she is so nice.

Let's hope this is the start of some good form for Heather and that she can get back into the top 30 at least.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Well, she lost R1 in Monterrey, but that is understandable with the quick turnaround, and may not be a bad thing, with the Sunshine Double starting next week.

3381 - 3396 of 3396 Posts