Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After coming back from Europe last week, I now have. I had never seen her lose til Paris v. Dokic. It stinks - lemme tell ya!

Here's the matches I've seen of Monica's:

1996 Virginia Slims of Chicago
QF: d. Brenda Schultz-McCarthy 4.6 7.6(4) 6.4

1997 Ameritech Cup
R2: d. Magdalena Grzybowska 3.6 6.3 6.2

2002 Open Gaz de France
R2: d. Adriana Serra Zanetti 7.5 6.2
QF: d. Justine Henin 6.4 6.3
SF: l. Jelena Dokic 6.3 3.6 6.4

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
actually no becaus i have never seen her :(

but if i'm gonna see her i don't care if she will win or lose :)

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I have when she lost to Pierce in Moscow Kremlin Cup finals. I arrived when she was leading 3-0 in the first set but then she lost in two sets .I don't remember the score...

·
Registered
752 Posts
I just want to see her in person for one......and I haven't got the chance yet

·
Registered
610 Posts
I never saw Monica. Hope that she's playing Zurich this year...

Pierce won 7:6 6:3 at Kremlin

·
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥
67,911 Posts
I wish i could see her play.I don't mind if she wins or loses.I was going to see her in Madrid last year,but she lost before i got there!Well,maybe this year i can see her if she decides to come back to Madrid.

·
Registered
27,409 Posts
Loyal Selesian,I'm sure you will have a chance oneday :D
Zlatko and Dado,I wish you both she will play in Zürich :D
Veronika,I hope she plays in Madrid and you will have another chance to see her :D

·
Registered
752 Posts
i hope so too galadriel ;) I can't afford to go to the Hopman cup or the Australian open, i can only see her if she play in the "Addidas International" but she wasn't playing this year after the Hopman.........well I hope she play next year, but then again I don't want Monica to play too much without rest b4 the Oz open ..........aaaaaaaaaa I might never get a chance to see my Monica :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've seen Monica 4 different times at the Canadian Open, twice she won the title (97 and 98), but then she lost to Martina Hingis (Finals 99), and Serena Williams (01). She came so close to losing to Henin in that last one, I nearly threw up during that match! haha! I hate it when Monica loses, especially to players I don't necessarily like that much :)

·
63,713 Posts
Once! :rolleyes:

It was adidas International last year against Amelie Mauresmo which Amelie won her first time against Monica in her career! :eek:

·
63,713 Posts
I saw her matches three times.

1st: Sydney 2000 Olympics R1 against Katalin Marosi-Aracama
2nd: Sydney 2000 Olympics QF against Dominique Van Roost
3rd: adidas International QF against Amelie Mauresmo

·
Registered
69 Posts
I saw Monica in her first round match at the Olympics where she beat Katalin Marosi-Aracama 6-0 6-1. The next time I saw her was when she teamed up with Hingis in Sydney 2001 to beat the Williams sisters in the first round of doubles in a thriller 6-4 3-6 7-6, or something like that!!!! That was amazing!!!! Then I saw her in the Australian Open doubles with Hingis, winning the earlier round matches.

Then I got a seat in the Rod Laver arena to see her QF match against Capriati. I was really excited and I thought for sure with her record against Jen, she was going to make it into the semi finals. SHe led Cap 7-5 4-2 and then folded 5-7 6-4 6-3 - that loss was really painful to take.

The Monica losses which linger with me are that one and the French Open final loss of 98 (that one STILL hurts after all those years). And for some reason, I can't seem to shake her most recent loss in Miami!!!!!!

I think I've just gone completely nuts over Monica!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts