Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea how he plays? Is it like Nico who has and the majority of the South American(big forehand, weaker backhand, great mover, good serve)? I've heard he has a huge serve?

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i've seen him play once on t.v. in a davis cup match against australia awhile ago i think it was in 2000 he was still quite young. i think he was only 17. i can't really remember how he played but i think he had a pretty big serve. he is quite tall from what i remember. i thought that he had the makings of quite a good player, he had a good base to start developing his game.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Gowza, are you sure it wasn't his Davis Cup tie against Great Britain in 2000 that you saw? He came back from 2 sets to none down to beat Parmar in 5. His best results have really been posted in Davis Cup... he's saved the day for them on a couple of big occasions (beat Parmar to get them into the World Group, and winning both his matches in World Group qualifications earlier this year).

Oh nevermind... I guess that you meant in 2001 where they played Australia in round 1 (that GB match is what qualified them for the World Group). My bad!

Everything that I just told you I looked up on the ATP site.

·
Banned
1,153 Posts
Is he cute? :lick:

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! He's beaten Rios on clay(Davis Cup) and Srichaphan on hard(in Scottsdale) and I've read he can serve at 130 MPH. Any chance for him to beat Robredo in your opinion?

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
doesn't he face Hewitt early at RG? in that case, here's hoping his peeler is totally sharp!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He could face Hewitt in round 3...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts