Tennis Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
oh jeez, there are so many, and i have wasted them that i don't even know, i will be destroying an opponent until say i'm serving for the match then i will double fault and make unforced errors, but i have also saved match points also.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I was up 7-6 5-1 and had 40-15 and lost. It was against the number 3 guy in the southeast too! On one MP I missed a backhand and the other one he hit a FH winner.

There was also a doubles match I played in that we won but not after a fight. We lost the first set 2-6, won the second set 6-2, and we were up 5-1 40-15 in the third set. After 2 errors and some long points we lost the game. They won the next game to make it 3-5. It was deuce (in High school tennis whoever wins the deuce point wins the game so it was match point) and I missed the easiest overhead by about a foot making it 4-5. They held for 5-5 and then broke for 6-5. We were so upset and nervous that we were shaking. Somehow we broke for 6-6 and started the tibreak. It was so close! We faced two match points before finally putting away the match 10-8 in the final set tiebreak :eek: It was such a relief that I nearly died. I almost collapsed. So I guess it's not loosing after having match points but it was way to close and we had to save MP's to do it.

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
Umm In Mixed doubles it was 5-5 (TB AT 5-5 ) and we where up 6-5 in TB and 7-6 in Tb and lost it 10-8 :( but it didnt matter coz we alreayd won the tie with 5 sets anyway :)

·
Banned
1,306 Posts
i actually lost a match last saturday after leading 6-3 5-0 and then leading again 4-0 in the third set. I never had a match point, but still..............

I lost 6-3 5-7 5-7

21 - 24 of 24 Posts