Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like some things have gone unnoticed.
- This was Kim's best performance at the US Open so far.
- Kim is 20, the same age another "choker", "struggler" had last year. Her name: Justine Henin.
Things can change. Right now, Justine seems to have the edge over Kim. That does not mean this cannot change again.
Kim's only 20. I think the best is yet to come.

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
but the thing is Kim'll quit in 2 or 3 years while justine will be around for as long as her body can hold her (ca.10 y)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I am not sure kim will quit suddenly

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rhythmboy said:
but the thing is Kim'll quit in 2 or 3 years while justine will be around for as long as her body can hold her (ca.10 y)
Well, that is what Kim's dad says. I think that it is up to Kim to decide and why would she not decide to continue till she's 28...
And Justine can change her mind about staying around as well.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Justine was never really a choker in the sense of being 5-1 up in an aussie semi final and losing. Btw i dont class Clijsters as a winner. I mean when she loses she doesnt look too disappointed. Does Serena, Jennifer, Venus or Justine not look to bothered when they lose big matches and finals? No, cos they are winners. Kim Clijsters is far too nice for a tennis court.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Jen'sFan said:
Justine was never really a choker in the sense of being 5-1 up in an aussie semi final and losing. Btw i dont class Clijsters as a winner. I mean when she loses she doesnt look too disappointed. Does Serena, Jennifer, Venus or Justine not look to bothered when they lose big matches and finals? No, cos they are winners. Kim Clijsters is far too nice for a tennis court.
6:2 4:1 40:15 is not much difference

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
Rhythmboy said:
clijsters always says she loves to play tennis, why would she stop the thing she loves most in one or two years?

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't you get it? I am not saying that Justine was a choker, that is why I put it between quotation marks. It was just one of the things people presumed about her.

Anyway, I don't see what being a winner and being bitchy have to do with each other. And I don't get the impression that Kim does not like to win, on the contrary. She's just wise enough not to make a drama of a loss. (Hey, if losing would offer me 500.000 US dollar, I'm not so sure I would mind the loss...)

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
Jen'sFan said:
Amelia Island APR 02'

Justine was up a set and 4-1 on Venus
and lost to Venus 2-6, 7-5, 7-6 and it was
on clay no less.

Although, I'm not sure if their are really that many instances
where she choked.

·
Registered
47,545 Posts
The last blatantly choke job by Justine was the Amelia Island final....that was BAD! But after that?! Not one single choke job! Whereas Kim keeps choking, choking, choking!! Sometimes, not even SHOWING up! At least Justine goes down fighting!

Besides didn´t everybody deem Kim as the better of the two?! Well, she´s some ground to cover there, before she´s as good as Justine!!

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
I wish you people would stop rationalizing and making excuses for why Kim chokes the big matches. It's her best performance yet... she's so young...so and so used to choke too... blah blah blah. At this rate, she's nearing a Novotna type career, choking the big ones and maybe getting lucky once.

·
Registered
47,545 Posts
bw2082 said:
I wish you people would stop rationalizing and making excuses for why Kim chokes the big matches. It's her best performance yet... she's so young...so and so used to choke too... blah blah blah. At this rate, she's nearing a Novotna type career, choking the big ones and maybe getting lucky once.
No.1 player shouldn´t be choking!

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Justine's Big Chokes:
Up a set and 4-2 vs. Monica Seles Oz 01

Up a set and 4-2 vs. Clijsters RG 01

up 6-2; 4-1 and twice serving for the match vs. Venus Williams Amelia Island 02

I think those are the three biggies.

Kim has now choked at each of the four slams this year. She should have won at least 1 by now, and had chances at all four:eek: !

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
Kim never had a chance at RG this year, the difference was too big.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I disagree if she had take some chances the first three/four games it had been a totally different match

·
Registered
47,545 Posts
Kristofke said:
Kim never had a chance at RG this year, the difference was too big.
:haha:

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
carot said:
clijsters always says she loves to play tennis, why would she stop the thing she loves most in one or two years?
'Cause some girls on the tour realise that there are other things besides tennis.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
What the difference is, is that Justine wasn't number 1. And a number 1 "have" to play like a number 1.
And Justine wasn't expected to win a Grand Slam or to be number 1 at that time. Many people were laughing at her, when she said she wanted to be number 1.
Justine has now understood the lesson. Kim keeps on choking to the best players.
And I think the 2 Belgians started their carreer as pro tennis women almost at the same time. So, if I'm right, this means Justine and Kim should quite have the same experience as pro players.

·
Registered
47,545 Posts
ans said:
'Cause some girls on the tour realise that there are other things besides tennis.
Well, then to remain slamless forever then!

·
Spaghetti Warrior
6,944 Posts
Hagar said:
Seems like some things have gone unnoticed.
- This was Kim's best performance at the US Open so far.
- Kim is 20, the same age another "choker", "struggler" had last year. Her name: Justine Henin.
Things can change. Right now, Justine seems to have the edge over Kim. That does not mean this cannot change again.
Kim's only 20. I think the best is yet to come.
True :) People tend to forget real quickly :rolleyes: Last year many didn't expect Justine to stay in the top ten, she was never going to win an important hard court tournament and she was a choker. This time though they're pretty convinced Kim is a loser, a choker and will never win a slam...whatever :) She is 20 years old and she has already achieved A LOT (in fact, she has already achieved more than Justine had at that age)...things can change very quickly...keep that in mind when you bashers choose a next victim :) All topplayers seem to go through a fase...Serena didn't win big matches, Justine didn't win big matches, now it's Kim turn...
best is yet to come indeed :)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts