Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there was a 10K anywhere the past three years, Keiko was in it. She played close to 40 events last year, with a record of 1-38 :eek: :D Unfortunately, she's only played 3 events this year, all in India (the WTA event and the 2 challengers.) Perhaps she decided to do something else, or just ran out of $ with her travel expenses.

Nancy plays all the US challengers/satellites, and had a 0-16 record last year, but hasn't played since Scottdale qualies in March. Did she want to end her career on the note of playing a WTA event, or is she saving money to go play.

I really think they quit, but any info would be great...

·
26,908 Posts
I'm really worried about Keiko. She's not playing at all. :sad: Maybe she ran out of money - wouldn't be a surprise though. ;)

Nancy - well, I think and hope that her reduced schedule is only related to the new ranking system which gives 0 points for losing in 1st round of $10K's. So when she uses all her money to play these events and (surprisingly) loses there, she won't get any points and loses her ranking, and then she can't play anything.
So she probably concentrates on the big events (at least $25K's) where she's guaranteed to get some points so that she can keep her ranking.

Go Nancy !!! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts