Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like Maria and she will be future GS champion but not this year. The Momo/Serena SF was the real final and who ever won that would be wimbledon champion.

You could tell by Serena's action at the end of that match, she knew that Amelie gave her the kick up the ass she needed, once a great champion has come through a test that like that they tend to really pick up their game.

Maria does not yet have the tools to really worry Serena, in fact Serena will love the pace Maria gives her.

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
I tend to be with you on this one....the match against Momo was just what Serena needed...I´m rewatching their match at Miami and even then Serena didn´t have any trouble whatsoever with Maria´s pace and her movement wasn´t anywhere close to what it is right now.

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
True ... first set will be an exprees-train judging from previous matches Maria played and Serena is in a different league ... plus the nervous factor

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
Yep, I am expecting a blowout. Amelie match is exactly the motivation Serena needs to get back on top of her game, plus you don't think Serena will let Maria upstage her in a final do you? ;)

when is the last time Serena lose a grand slam final btw?

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
and loved the way how Serena could keep the pressure up...a whole different match than against Lindsay who couldn´t move to save her life.

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
Only lost once..to Venus in the u.s.open ´01.

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,728 Posts
::Raises Arm::
Serena 6-2 6-1 :tape:

But having said that, I hope Maria wins or makes it competitive. But I don't see that happening unless Serena breaks her arm or something (and she would still most likely win). She is going to bring the "A" game. And not going to let it drop like Lindsey did. :tape: Let's all face it. If Lindsey had that match to win. Serena won't let her in I am sure.

Serena :hearts:

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
We´ll see....I think Serena´s gonna be ready and will give it her all, hopefully that will be enough to win.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I agree, I am not too sure if this one will be a great match at all. Mauresmo has got a totally different game to Sharapova and it will be easier for Serena to play Maria tomorrow because of that. One of the main reasons why Serena struggled against Mauresmo was because of the different variety that she was using, slicing the ball coming into net etc. Sharapova does none of that and it will be a totally different match.

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,728 Posts
Hopefully? Her B should beat Maria soundly.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bandabou said:
and loved the way how Serena could keep the pressure up...a whole different match than against Lindsay who couldn´t move to save her life.

That is what makes Serena a great player to watch she will not give up until the final point is over. Unfortanely Venus may need to take a few lessons from Sis in that area.

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
jaygee said:
That is what makes Serena a great player to watch she will not give up until the final point is over. Unfortanely Venus may need to take a few lessons from Sis in that area.

Uhum....no way should Venus have lost track of the scoring in the tie-break.

·
Registered
13,105 Posts
jaygee said:
I like Maria and she will be future GS champion but not this year. The Momo/Serena SF was the real final and who ever won that would be wimbledon champion.
I agree, but Masha keeps surprising me, so I guess I'll have to wait and see whether this is right.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Even though I love surprises, I have a feeling Serena will make quick work of Maria....but I hope the siberian tigress proves me wrong again (like in that Davenport match). Good luck Masha!;)

I find it odd that she's not saying things like "i'm not satisfied until I win the whole thing" any more. Now she is saying she can't believe it that she made it to the final (which is understandable). Sounds similar to her RG performance (see the Suarez shocker, RG Quarters) when she was content with that round. She shouldn't rest on her laurels just yet, there's one more match to go.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
I don't know, but I'm extremely worried about the final tomorrow. I think that Maria is going to give Serena all she can handle. Serena will not win easily tommorrow. I'm hoping that Serena plays her best and wins. Good luck to Serena!!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I wan't a great match, but I'm sure we will be disappointed.
When was the last time a women grand slam finals was excited. We keep seeing blowout sets of 6-0, 6-1, and 6-2 's. Even when 2 top players like Kim and Justine are playing in a slam final, we still see 6-0 sets, which is ridiculous!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
HEy!!! At least we dont have an "all" williams/belgium/russian final! So it should be better...:tape:

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I was watching the Davenport/Sharapova semifinal and if Lindsay would have atleast given some effort to running down shots, she should have won. I mean she was letting balls within arms distance go by. Serena could have gotten to most of those shots, not to mention Lindsay made Maria look like she was dodging from a shark with her serve and she will have an equally tough time with Serena's serve.

·
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect
32,385 Posts
I don't care, I will be watching the Tour de France :lol:

Anyway, beware of the rain :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts