Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I understand why Lindsay is contemplating retirement. No it is not because she lost but she plays "Old Lady" tennis. She wants the ball to come to her and when it doesn't she lets way too many just go by! Her legs seem heavy despite the weight loss and she lacks quickness and stamina as well. All symptoms of oncoming age. She still has the strokes, serves, and brains, which are the last things to leave. Speed and quickness are major attributes of this "new era" tennis and is what separates it from past eras. Lindsay is a champion, but will fade in this era of quick and speedy players. Many just beginning to come into their own. :cool:

·
Registered
16,024 Posts
OMG Lindsay's game looked so COMPLETELY OBSOLETE and soon as kim become to control her shots again in the third set. basically linds has lost 9 of her last ten sets against Kim and is just getting dictated to. I know her fans like to comfort themselves by saying that she hits the ball the cleanest but reality is that she is now outmatched. Tennis is really passing her by and it is sad. :sad:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm a big Lindsay fan, but I tend to agree. I'm not sure if it is quickness or stamina, as much as it is desire. She seems to feel above gritting it out and making her opponents hit just one more shot.

That said, she's still able to beat everyone but the top four.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
chicagofan said:
I'm a big Lindsay fan, but I tend to agree. I'm not sure if it is quickness or stamina, as much as it is desire. She seems to feel above gritting it out and making her opponents hit just one more shot.

That said, she's still able to beat everyone but the top four.
The sad part´s that the top 4 are the ones to beat if she´s to win another slam!! Lindsay´s attitude´s getting worser and worser!! She just doesn´t run for any balls which are more than two feets from her!! :mad:

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
chicagofan said:
Being the #5 player in the world is still a decent living . . .
That´s true....if she´s happy with just qtrs and semi´s.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
chicagofan said:
She may not have a GS left in her, but I can still see her with the odd big win. Who would have predicted Monica's defeat of Venus at the 2001 Aus Open?
Well it's turning into more and more similarities between Seles and Davenport. Both are just still too good to be beaten by 'the lesser gods' but whenever running into the 'true' top now, they tend to fall short, mainly due to a lack of mobility.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
great smash said:
Well it's turning into more and more similarities between Seles and Davenport. Both are just still too good to be beaten by 'the lesser gods' but whenever running into the 'true' top now, they tend to fall short, mainly due to a lack of mobility.
Uhum, uhum....Lindsay´s still good enough to beat almost all players in the top 20...but for the real top, she lacks. She is still powerful but now there are players who can hit as hard as her but move better..

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
bandabou said:
Uhum, uhum....Lindsay´s still good enough to beat almost all players in the top 20...but for the real top, she lacks. She is still powerful but now there are players who can hit as hard as her but move better..
Well, still it's going the same direction, unfortunalty, as I've always liked both. Luckily I've got the right nationality as far as the succesion is concerned ;)

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
great smash said:
Well, still it's going the same direction, unfortunalty, as I've always liked both. Luckily I've got the right nationality as far as the succesion is concerned ;)
Good one, good one!! :lol: But better prepared for a dogfight with my favs though!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.