Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coco has the same coaching team as Serena, the same trainers, they work out together and have even made dance videos together with Shawn T..................is Serena creating a "Mini-Me" of sorts or is it just a case where imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? Is Serena paving the way for her retirement by passing the torch to Coco?

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
No.

Why does every single half-decent Black-ish female tennis player suddenly become adopted by Serena?

Stephens. Gauff. Osaka.

Like we get it, there's a parallel, but she ain't these chicks mama.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do some people only see color? There was NOTHING in this post about a player's RACE but of course someone feels the need to drag that into this discussion where it really has NO place or merit.

None of the other players on the WTA tour(including the ones you mentioned) are using the same coaching staff, same trainers or are working out with Serena and making dance videos with her. This is CLEARLY a case where Serena has taken Coco under her wing and Coco is using ALL the same tools to make her successful that Serena utilizes.

If you'd like to make this topic about RACE, then you're barking up the wrong tree. Maybe you should direct your questions directly to Serena and ask HER why she's doing this with Coco rather than other American youngsters like Anisimova or Bellis or Kenin.

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
Maybe you should direct your questions directly to Serena and ask HER why she's doing this with Coco rather than other American youngsters like Anisimova or Bellis or Kenin.
I didn't start the discussion, you did.

And in case you've missed it, no one on this subforum gives a fuck about finding the next Serena. We've got a Serena and she does well enough for us.

Here new folks either drink the kool-aid and join the Sisterhood of Serenus Christ or get out. There is no middle option.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
More of a “changing of the guard” than a “passing of the torch”. Serena is trying everything she can to hold onto that damn torch, including playing all the way up til 38 post-pregnancy.

·
Registered
726 Posts
No.

Why does every single half-decent Black-ish female tennis player suddenly become adopted by Serena?

Stephens. Gauff. Osaka.

Like we get it, there's a parallel, but she ain't these chicks mama.
I think Serena wants to be liked so bad these days and she doesn't need those gimmicks. You know what, I like Maria in that regards. She's a stone cold bitch and she never pretended to be otherwise. Even when she feel off due to the drug ban. You can tell in her mind, it's "they don't like me, so be it". Serena kind of had that mentality earlier on, but as soon as she got with Alexis it changed it seems. Nowadays, she wants to be loved so bad, it's embarassing. I wish Richard was still healthy and could talk sense into her.

Also, the thing is you can tell Serena is friendly with them, not because she's super excited to see more black, but because she wants to be in the in crowd, she wants to be seen as a kind of mentor these girls. It's like when she did that pep talk to Anisimova. She just want the media to write an article about "Saintly Serena Helping Young Guns".

IMO, I always thought Alexis was bad for her in that he messed her killer instinct. I honestly feel she should've tried to get with a black/ mixed-black man.

·
Registered
14,186 Posts
No, not at all whatsoever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts