·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hearing that it has...but how?

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Well I saw the match against Sandrine today on TV and her second serve still looked pretty weak, it got hit all over the show!!!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Her first serve is quite a bit more powerful, and she is going for it more. Her second serve is still weak. Her backhand is the same, and so is her forehand. She comes to the net a little more, and seems like she is prepared to take more chances. Overall - not a massive difference. Still has to improve her serve.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
when you say quite a bit more powerful, what do you mean?
I'm just curious if you know average speed, or whether she hit any aces.
a few years ago she would crack a few aces, but those have been few and far between.
but the real weakness for her is that second serve. I just think of that second serve to Capriati on match point at last year's open and I cringe.
Ruth

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Yesterday I watched the match against Testud and I didn't notice such a big difference. Testud's serve, specially the second looked way more lethal. I'm surprised for her 3-digit! I remember the ace, it was on the center line, deuce side.

Testud wouldn't stop attacking her second serve... I don't really think she has improve that much :confused: :angel: :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts