Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, being an impatient sort, I went ahead & ordered the book, without knowing anything about it! True, my French is more at the Babar reading level than real books -- I did recently read La Petite Sirene, but it took me a couple of weeks! -- but I'll give it a shot. :)

·
Registered
17,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I'm not usually a fan of autobiographies by 21-year-olds! :D

But in Justine's case, I know so little about her background, I thought, as a fan, it could be interesting. If I can manage to read it, that is! My hope is that it was written for an audience of children, so the French will be easier. :D

·
Registered
731 Posts
I want to get my hands on a copy, but don't have a credit card, bummer! My french is not so good either, hopefully it'll be translated into english soon!

·
Registered
613 Posts
I read it when it was out (2 weeks before the French Open)!

Maybe it's a little bit young to publish a biography, but she said in the first page that she wanted to explain her childhood, and the choices she had to make, her relationship with her family, what she had to face and so...
She said that now, she was at a turning point of her career, that she was now FINALLY relieved, with her wedding and her new physical preparation.

It's funny how this book sounds so true now, because in the book she was still number 4, and was dreaming of winning a Slam, entering the top 3 and catch the number one ranking.
There were quotes from her trainer saying she would no doubt achieve her goals, and now it looks more realistic to imagine that she will do it, but in May, it was only a dream!

·
Registered
897 Posts
I've read it too ...
It wasn't easy to read it in french since I'm not a french speaker.
I liked the book a lot, it made me understand Justine better too.
And I can also relate to the mother part ...
For those who are interested to get to know Justine better it's a must to read it ...
It's good for sure lol

Reactions: auntie janie

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
There will be a reissue from the book wth a new chapter about Roland Garros and a new pic on the cover (adidas); For,er player Filip Dewulf would go and translate it in Dutch soon :D (source Justine's website)

Reactions: auntie janie

·
Registered
17,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fleemke2 said:
There will be a reissue from the book wth a new chapter about Roland Garros and a new pic on the cover (adidas); For,er player Filip Dewulf would go and translate it in Dutch soon :D (source Justine's website)
Wow, thanks, fleemke'! :hearts:
I should have waited for the new version, but maybe the one I ordered IS the new version, since the site said "available on 25 August".

fleemke', I admit when I saw your name on a post in this thread, I was worried about what it might say ... ;) :kiss: :angel: :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts