Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should i expect---sacred...should i get all 4 out at the same time? I am going to get mine out tomorrow and my man is laughing at me and he's saying how badly it will hurt... he told Johnny (our dentist) to pull all 4 out :sad:

can anyone share their experiences or friends experiences..usually I'm not scared of dentist but i am of this and the after effects...

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
mine havent even broken through yet.

but my boyfriend said just get all four out in one shot. it hurts like hell but you get pain killers. its better than having to go it again, cos once its done the first time, you wont wanna go back.

my poor joy :kiss:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
30,466 Posts
i've had one our before, it was bad, but mine was sort of a weird situation, it had to be done right then, so yours would be different.

i have to get my others ones taken out too :( Not sure when thats going to happen...

Sorry, i can't really tell you much thats useful ;) Won't know exactly what its like until i get other ones taken out

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
decemberlove said:
mine havent even broken through yet.

but my boyfriend said just get all four out in one shot. it hurts like hell but you get pain killers. its better than having to go it again, cos once its done the first time, you wont wanna go back.

my poor joy :kiss:

love- great- just what i needed to hear...shit...oh god, i can feel the pain now-Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

thanks for the sympathies :wavey:

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
dont let them give you tylenol with codeine. it doesnt do shit except make your tummy upset. make sure you get percs or vicadin.

·
Banned
8,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
decemberlove said:
dont let them give you tylenol with codeine. it doesnt do shit except make your tummy upset. make sure you get percs or vicadin.

then i might become addicted-lol

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
bajangurl said:
then i might become addicted-lol

no you wont. youre a strong person. those painkillers are not easy to become addicted to... youre above that :)

youre gonna need them.

·
Banned
1,618 Posts
Ouch, don't want to worry you or anything but it apparently isn't a very nice thing. Can be quite painful when the drugs wear off, and you might have bruising on your face too (so I've heard).

All this put me off having mine done. We got a new dentist last year, and as a first thing he X-rayed my teeth, just to see their positioning and stuff. Although my bottom wisdom teeth hadn't quite come through then (they have now) they were growing at an angle into the teeth next to them, and he said I needed to have them removed. Well I thought, how the hell is he going to do that when there is nothing through yet. :confused:

Naturally I got a second opinion from another dentist who said it was best to wait until they start causing you problems before you get them out. I followed his advice.

Well to cut a long and boring story short, my top two are both fully through causing no problems. The bottom two are just coming, one is quite painful atm because it is breaking through the gum. My point is, I'm not having them touched unless I really am in excruciating pain.

But good luck, rather you than me!! :)

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i had all 4 out in march this year, march 27th to be exact. it hurts a bit. the thing i found most annoying was having my mouth all swollen for like 3 days. i had complications as well, they had trouble getting mine out and i still didn't have much pain, i took the pain killers for aboout 3 days and then no longer needed them. but don't worry it's not that bad, i was playing comp tennis a week later.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
i had mine pulled a couple of years ago and to make things worse they're impacted. the dentist had to use a chisel and a hammer to crush the tooth into tiny little pieces since he can't just pull it with one go. the dentist had a little help from his assistant. they were pulling my teeth and pushing my face at the same time!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
A lass who I work with just had hers out and was off work for a WEEK!

I'm dreading having mine out... but there is alternative method...

Attach string around the tooth and then knot the other end of the string to an open door. Get someone to shut the door quickly when you least suspect it. Or do the same but bound yourself with rope to a tree after attaching the string round the tooth, and attach the other end to a fast car.

Hey it's cheaper!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
actually i got 5 taken out at once (i had an extra one..) and well first few days it was messy, couldnt eat (not that i wanted too) and had a hell of a time drinking or swallowing .. then it wasnt too bad.. hopefully you'll get some adequate drugs

..itll be done and over with in 1- 2 weeks :) - just make sure you keep it cleaned so you dont get an infection..

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
All at one time - I had 2 'cut' out and 2 pulled. They put me out to do it. When I came to, the rest of that day was shot. That night I had pain, but not the most excrutiating thing I've ever felt. The worst part was the discomfort when eating, and by the stitches in my mouth from where they cut the bottom 2 out. It was not fun - but not the worst thing I've ever had to endure.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
The pain shouldn't be too bad...if you are in pain, the doc should be able to get you more meds. Your cheeks are going to become very swollen, so it's a good idea to take the rest of the week off - you will not want to be seen in public!

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
Hey Joy

I've had two taken out at the same time. My other two had broken through and I wasn't having problems so the doc said leave them.

It really didn't hurt that much for me. I had to be put under so he cut them out. Just make sure you do what the doctor tells you to do so you don't get dry socket. That is what I hear is painful. I didn't get it so I don't know.

Good Luck! :wavey:

If you need all 4 out get them done together cause its never a good Idea to go under anesthesia more than you have too.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts