Tennis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sports Illustrated senior writer Jon Wertheim will answer your tennis questions every Monday.

The USTA announced that 99 of the top 100 men in the world have entered the 2003 U.S. Open (only the all-but-retired Sampras will be a no-show). The winner will receive a record $1 million check. ... In the past we've spoken of the need for American tennis fans to embrace players who -- get this -- just so happen to come from abroad. The USTA doesn't help the cause when it issues press releases headlined: "Andre Agassi -- World No. 1 and Two-Time US Open Champion -- Tops Men's Field. Roddick, [Roger] Federer, [Juan Carlos] Ferrero, Hewitt, [James] Blake Featured." Granted, this is only a press release, and we mean no disrespect to Blake. But surely there are players more deserving of top billing. (Note to Coria fans: The Grandstand Court abuts Louis Armstrong Stadium.) ... Fans of Lindsay Davenport are in for a treat should they pass through the terminally underrated city of New Haven, Conn., and look west out of their car windows at the interchange between I-95 and I-91 . ... Our vote for best movie line of the year: "I am a musical robot. Do I sound like a musical robot?" ...

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Hi cydney, don't think I have seen you around for a while.

Sorry I have no explanation either!
:)

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Extremely confusing. I don't think anyone really understands. My guess is that Wertheim is saying how difficult it is to navigate through/find the city of New Haven, where Lindsay will be playinbg the week beforenthe Open. I've been there before and the road signs are quite confusing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.