Tennis Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Steffi, Arantxa, and Martina all beat both the Williams' is the same tournament, but has anyone ever done it with the Belgians!?!?!?
:confused: :confused:

They don't have to have won the title...

· Registered
17,738 Posts
Why not count Els, Sabine and Dominique in this poll, as they are all belgian.

· Registered
47,657 Posts
mmcdonald said:
when did Steffi and ASV beat both V and Serena in the same tournament?

Had to be in 98/99
Yeah and then people had to wait almost three years before it happened again: ´01 Hingis at the Oz open.

One thing I noted almost allthe combinations( except Kim at the Masters) had beating Serena first and then Venus. I think most of the time it was to take care of Serena first....

Ask Hingis: She usually beat Venus and then got killed by Serena.

· Registered
18,664 Posts
Iorhael said:
Didn't Hingis beat both Kim and Justine in Filderstadt in 2000?
Yep, Martina did.;)
2nd Justine Henin (BEL) 6-3, 3-0, retired W
Finals Kim Clijsters (BEL) 6-0, 6-3 W

· Registered
1,052 Posts
bandabou said:
Yeah and then people had to wait almost three years before it happened again: ´01 Hingis at the Oz open.

One thing I noted almost allthe combinations( except Kim at the Masters) had beating Serena first and then Venus. I think most of the time it was to take care of Serena first....

Ask Hingis: She usually beat Venus and then got killed by Serena.

umm, on they didnt. they had to wait a year until Steffi took care of both sisters in Sydney '99.

And as for Hingis beating Venus and then getting beaten by Serena - it only ever happened once, and she certainly didnt get killed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.