Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
64,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cause Anisimova just almost did. From 0-5 to 6-5 to 2-4 down in the tie-breaker.

·
Registered
39,725 Posts
People get ahead of themselves too often.

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
64,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is an honest question and in general, not necessarily about this match.

·
63,662 Posts
6 games in a row = a set. Do you means 5 games in a row? ;)

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
6 games in a row = a set. Do you means 5 games in a row? ;)
Well, unless there's something wrong with me, you can win 6 games in the row, and lose a set...

0/5->6/5->6/7

But I'm not a tennis expert by any means...

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Reactions: égalité and MB.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Well, technically you did not stress those games would have to be in the same set, so then ofc it happens and not that rarely I assume :)

Otherwise I have no idea, though.

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
I think I have.

I remember at national junior tournament a kid on our squad who got the unfortunate nickname choke lost from 5-0 4-0 up something like 5-7 1-6

·
Registered
53,675 Posts
tennis is played since ......

of course it happened already

us lazy asses wondering just need someone to factproof that particular fact :eek:h:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Camille Pin was down 0-5 in the 3rd set against Sharapova in the first round of the 2007 Australian Open and came back to 6-5, only to lose the set 9-7. Sharapova was up 6-3 4-6 5-0, she ended up winning 6-3 4-6 9-7. That's also one of the 2 or 3 hottest matches recorded with temperatures being nearly 50 degrees Celsius (118 F). Interestingly enough, the other hottest match also had Maria in it at the Australian Open (2014 R2 vs Karin Knap which had a pretty similar scoreline of 6-3 4-6 10-8).

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
I'm sure Sharapova has lost to Serena in this way a few times. I'm sure many have lost to Sharapova like this too.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I remember a few years ago Fognini and Monfils (who else :spit:) played a third set, with Fognini serving for the match at 5:0, losing six games in a row, even saving match points at 5:6 and still winning the tiebreak and the match.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Well, technically you did not stress those games would have to be in the same set, so then ofc it happens and not that rarely I assume :)

Otherwise I have no idea, though.
Winning 6 games in a row from any scoreline would guarantee a set won unless you start from 0-5.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Camille Pin was down 0-5 in the 3rd set against Sharapova in the first round of the 2007 Australian Open and came back to 6-5, only to lose the set 9-7. Sharapova was up 6-3 4-6 5-0, she ended up winning 6-3 4-6 9-7. That's also one of the 2 or 3 hottest matches recorded with temperatures being nearly 50 degrees Celsius (118 F). Interestingly enough, the other hottest match also had Maria in it at the Australian Open (2014 R2 vs Karin Knap which had a pretty similar scoreline of 6-3 4-6 10-8).
Sorry but I've just watched the HLs and it was actually Sharapova who won the 11th game after Pin levelling it to 5-5.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts