Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
favorite men's player. Stefan turns 36 today, January 19, 2002. His first class serve and volley style of tennis is greatly missed, in my opinion. Happy birthday Stefan!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Happy Birthday Stefan!

He is defintely missed as he is my 2nd all-time fav. I miss him at Wimbledon especially where I saw him from 91 onwards. The legs are also missed as well;)

We need more players like Stefan, he is one of the most purest serve/volleyers out there. Although I like the young Swedish contingent that has followed him they are the complete opposite in game to him, Jonas Bjorkman is Swedish with the same type of game.

But once again happy birthday to him!

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
He's only 36!:mad: Could've played so much more!!:rolleyes: ;) Happy birthday Stefan!!!:bounce:

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Babsi, you are so classy!

KC, you're right. Stefan Edberg could have played longer. But without a big serve, and having lost a step, his non stop serve and volley game started to betray him while he was in his late 20's. Once he realized he couldn't contend at the grand slams, he decided to retire. But I still miss him.

·
Premium Member
181,846 Posts
Stefan's my fav too, he was total class :)

Tennis hasn't been the same since he left.

Happy Birthday Stefan :) !!!!!

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
<center><font color=silver size=4> Happy B-day Stefan!!! </font>

:bounce: :wavey: :bounce:

</center>

He was my favourite ATP player when i was picked up tennis and will always be one of my favs...

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
a great champion!!!

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
my all time favourite too.
Anybody knows what is he doing these days???

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stefan, his wife and two kids moved from England back to Sweden a couple of years ago. He now helps run the Stockholm tournament. He was very upset when Lleyton Hewitt pulled out of Stockholm last year. As far as I know, he is not planning to play the senior tour. And that's too bad. In fact, John McEnroe is very dissaponted that Stefan Edberg and Boris Becker aren't playing on the senior tour. I'm dissapointed, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts