Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hantuchova Quizzed Over Eating Habits
Wed May 28,12:59 PM ET Add Sports - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Ossian Shine

PARIS (Reuters) - A painfully-thin Daniela Hantuchova faced a barrage of questions about her eating habits Wednesday after she lost in the second round at the French Open (news - web sites).

Reuters Photo

The 20-year-old ninth seed was outlasted 7-6, 4-6, 9-7 by American Ashley Harkleroad and was then immediately quizzed about her appearance and diet.

Standing a shade over 5-feet-11 and weighing just 123 pounds, Hantuchova is slender at the best of times. But she has lost weight this year and her gaunt face bears little resemblance to the smiling photo which appears in the WTA's Player Guide.

Earlier this month, the Slovak's coach -- Briton Nigel Sears -- told reporters he was a little concerned about his charge's appearance.

Wednesday, Hantuchova said she had no eating problems but admitted she was finding it difficult to put on weight.

"I try to eat calories before the matches," she said. "But as you see, when I play long matches I just burn so much that it's really hard to get it all back."

Hantuchova spent more than three hours on court before losing to Harkleroad.

Daughter of a computer scientist father and toxicologist mother, the Slovak said she had not changed her diet and blamed the weight loss on her schedule.

"I am really blessed that I can eat whatever I want," she said. "It is just that I've been working really hard before this season because I wanted to be physically prepared as best as possible.

"I just burned more calories than I got actually in my body. But it is something that, you know, it will come back soon. I am really, really glad I can eat whatever I want."

She stressed that her weight had no impact on her performance.

"I think I proved coming back from 5-1 down (in the third set to lead 6-5) that I am physically fit," she said. "I felt well on the court. I think more than anything the mental side was not right today."

and what do i think of what Daniela said... this is what i think --> :D :D :D :D :D IN YOUR FACE DISS-ERS! ...

i am done.. :angel:

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
daniela's necklace said:
" I think more than anything the mental side was not right today "

:confused:

·
Registered
997 Posts
dunno, found it strange at first, but anyway I'm glad Danny proved them wrong, and her coach should be a bit more supportive too :(

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
daniela's necklace said:
dunno, found it strange at first, but anyway I'm glad Danny proved them wrong, and her coach should be a bit more supportive too :(

....................... :confused:

maybe hes trying to use reverse physciology... if Daniela sees that shes bringing him down she'll do better.... worked in the 3-set against Ashley...

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
daniela's necklace said:

;)

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
wtarules said:
It's surpassed by the generic misery of the g.m. since yesterday, though.
ROFLMAO!!!

The misery on the GM yesterday was a joy to behold. :D

How dare the crowd boo Serena :devil:

How dare Justine play better than her :devil:

To hear all those Williams whingers wallowing in their own misery was music to my ears :worship:

Agreed Joe, YAWN!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
"JHH" no longer standing for her name & surnames, but for..............(drum roll please)
--*-- Justine "the hand" Henin --*--
Justine, the hand.
The hand, the hand.
Justine, don't forget your hand.

·
Registered
679 Posts
GrahamD said:
ROFLMAO!!!

The misery on the GM yesterday was a joy to behold. :D

How dare the crowd boo Serena :devil:

How dare Justine play better than her :devil:

To hear all those Williams whingers wallowing in their own misery was music to my ears :worship:

Agreed Joe, YAWN!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
.........I just laughed my ass off! I think its great that someone else has won a major this year (just wished it could have been dani). Other sports have had a similar run of one winner recently (last year's formula 1 for instance).
<sarcasm> I'm sooooo sorry Serena lost. </sarcasm> :devil: :devil:

·
Registered
679 Posts
The whole weight thing, and the press/MF obsession with it does get annoying. :fiery: :fiery:

a) Many girls are quite petite & thin, yet you never hear anything about them having eating disorders. It's just accepted. Why should sports personalities be any different?

b) As she proved against Ashley, and earlier on in the season where she played 2-3 matchs in a row, she can go and complete for a long time at this professional level, something which she wouldn't be able to do if she had a problem.

c) She's lost a lot of the 'puppy fat' (hate that word) she had two seasons ago, and what she had left last year. She's starting to look much more toned and is on the way to becoming a lean, mean, title-winning machine. But these things take time. I think, in the long run, this recent run will do her good as she's going to have to become mentally quite tough to get through it, esp. with nigel acting like he has.

·
Registered
679 Posts
daniela's necklace said:
great words kysersoze :D
to paraphrase ancient philosophy:
"Enough is Enough, and I can't stands no more!"
- popeye!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts