Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q. When did you get the Nokia contract?

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, actually I have a Nokia. That was my dad's phone that he gave me. I kept turning it on. It kept going off. I kept turning it on. It kept going off. It's actually a Chinese phone, so I told myself not to bother any more.

What did she trying to say here???????
Did she try to mean that its a Chinese product, it sucks????

·
Registered
10,372 Posts
KingA said:

MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, actually I have a Nokia. That was my dad's phone that he gave me. I kept turning it on. It kept going off. I kept turning it on. It kept going off. It's actually a Chinese phone, so I told myself not to bother any more.

she probably meant she couldn't understand how to work it because it was in Chineese

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
KingA said:

Hello? Reality check. Chinese products do suck! :confused:

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
oh ok, I see,

now you have to accept products from anywhere, it doesn't matter the quality otherwise you are a racist :rolleyes:

really, really, some people need to think a little before talking.

Hello, Japan, you know, little country, Asian people, you know, Sony, Toshiba, Hitachi, NEC, Cannon, Nikkon, Nintendo, would anybody say those products are not good/reliable?

Korea: Samsung, LG, Hyundai, hello again? a few years ago Korean products were considered of low quality (and they were) now they are considered among the best (and they are), you know what? they learned, they have quality controls.

The chinese are learning, they don't have proper quality controls, or infrastructure, they might be good in the future but right now they are not, is that racists?

give me a fucking break, I think the next time I hear/read the word racism related to absolutely everything someone say (especially if that someone is blonde) I am gonna puke.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Stupid thread. She has every right to criticize any product from any country if she wants. That's not racist.

·
Registered
14,805 Posts
KingA said:

I'm a Singaporean Chinese, and I do agree that products from China are usually a little lacking in quality :p

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Nahhh, she's just being cute ;)

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
what a stupid thread. why do some people read so much into stuff being said :mad:

·
Registered
557 Posts
It's not racist. Everybody know that Chinese made products are a bit sketchy went it comes to their quality. Nokia is a Finnish company. But their phones are built in different places and one of them is in China. China-made phones are usually the cheaper if compared to other phones of the same model but made in Finland.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Wonder why Maria needed to mention its a "Chinese phone"????? I thought it was the network problem.............

Anyway.... why Maria's dad not getting a better phone??? Sure before Maria won the Wimbly title.... they should have enough money to get a better one!!!! What a tightarse!!! And I guess from now on Maria and her family do not have to be bothered by Chinese products anymore!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Not necessarily.

A Nokia cellphone that is made in China is at the same manufacturing standard as that of in European countries.

Maria has that misconception.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Fingon said:
oh ok, I see,

now you have to accept products from anywhere, it doesn't matter the quality otherwise you are a racist :rolleyes:

really, really, some people need to think a little before talking.

Hello, Japan, you know, little country, Asian people, you know, Sony, Toshiba, Hitachi, NEC, Cannon, Nikkon, Nintendo, would anybody say those products are not good/reliable?

Korea: Samsung, LG, Hyundai, hello again? a few years ago Korean products were considered of low quality (and they were) now they are considered among the best (and they are), you know what? they learned, they have quality controls.

The chinese are learning, they don't have proper quality controls, or infrastructure, they might be good in the future but right now they are not, is that racists?

give me a fucking break, I think the next time I hear/read the word racism related to absolutely everything someone say (especially if that someone is blonde) I am gonna puke.
i agree with the rest of the post, but am i living under a rock or something?

LG and HYUNDAI??? i dont recall them ever moving up from the low quality level. still shit. samsung is okay, but their phones are pretty much shit compared to sanyo.

im confused.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts