Tennis Forum banner

2261 - 2280 of 2285 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Seems like a huge overreaction from Parks if it was indeed only a "squeeze" and she definitely needs to receive some sort of punishment from ITF.
Can't gloss over the fact that Sebov escalated the confrontation from verbal to physical by shoving her. The umpire had his hand between them and Park's hands were down when she got close. Sebov can't really claim self defense, so she will face some consequences too, surely.

·
30,815 Posts
Pretty sure Sebov says "F*ck you!" at the net, that's where the umpire goes all "Hey hey ho ho no no"

The whole thing is hilarious to me, specially Parks father

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Can't gloss over the fact that Sebov escalated the confrontation from verbal to physical by shoving her. The umpire had his hand between them and Park's hands were down when she got close. Sebov can't really claim self defense, so she will face some consequences too, surely.
Not saying she acted correctly obviously but I think she can indeed claim self defense given that Parks was clearly mad and moving towards her instead of going to her chair as she should have.

But depending on what the umpire writes in his report about the handshake "squeeze" or the words thrown around, Sebov should also receive some sort of penalty for "unsportsmanlike behavior".

·
Premium Member
3,525 Posts
Pretty sure Sebov says "F*ck you!" at the net, that's where the umpire goes all "Hey hey ho ho no no"

The whole thing is hilarious to me, specially Parks father
The umpire called them a ho? :p

From what I gathered from the video, Sebov squeezed Parks' hand (and not the first time. I believe Parks yelled "she squeezed my hand again), Parks says, "you f***ing....", then the umpire gets involved. Shoving, potential kicking, racial innuendos from the oh-so-graceful dad/coach (doach??) and hopefully some kind of fine for both players ensues.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Chloe Paquet / Plipuech handshake from Hua Hin deserves a brief post here! Someone find it please ?.

Paquet wouldn't even look at her and it was a brush / slap whilst looking towards the umpire, lol.

2261 - 2280 of 2285 Posts