Tennis Forum banner

2241 - 2260 of 2285 Posts

·
Milk and honey
3,310 Posts
Obviously we don’t know what happened, but it’s looking pretty bad from Sebov. She squeezed Parks’s hand at the net followed by what seemed to be a dirty look, and something verbal (whether it was racially charged or not we don’t know, but Parks’s coach sprinting over like that means it can’t have been good). Parks confronted her and Sebov seems to have pushed her before Parks kicked off.

What a mess.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
I heard a 'Fuck you' at the net not sure who said it.
The guy in red (probably the dad) is saying - 'you saw her... she squeezed her hand...this is what we go through...look at that garbage'... Aggro.

Guess who's kid is disinvited for next year/

·
Registered
24,843 Posts
From what I could see, looks like Sebov got physical first, but Parks obviously should not have gone over to her side of the net. I want to know what happened! Also, what was the man (Parks' dad?) screaming over and over? I couldn't make out the word.

·
Registered
14,543 Posts
Obviously we don’t know what happened, but it’s looking pretty bad from Sebov. She squeezed Parks’s hand at the net followed by what seemed to be a dirty look, and something verbal (whether it was racially charged or not we don’t know, but Parks’s coach sprinting over like that means it can’t have been good). Parks confronted her and Sebov seems to have pushed her before Parks kicked off.

What a mess.

It looks pretty bad for both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Milk and honey
3,310 Posts
From what I could see, looks like Sebov got physical first, but Parks obviously should not have gone over to her side of the net. I want to know what happened! Also, what was the man (Parks' dad?) screaming over and over? I couldn't make out the word.
He was saying “this is what we have to go through” and he said “fake acting” or something like that, but I couldn’t make out that part. He then referenced Serena Williams and said something akin to “this is why she does/says what she does”.

Wish we all had more context because there’s so much to unwrap here. The way he ran onto the court though...I feel like Sebov must’ve said something really nasty to provoke an altercation like that.

·
Registered
14,543 Posts

For me it looks like Parks was in Sebov ‘s face when Sebov pushed her . The man «* do you see what we go through, she squeezed her hand , forfeit her*»

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
When you lose a match little things can make you angry. So I guess the strong hand shake after the loud celebration made her go nuts. But I don't see how squeezing a hand too hard or not forfeiting Sebov is racist?

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
He was saying “this is what we have to go through” and he said “fake acting” or something like that, but I couldn’t make out that part. He then referenced Serena Williams and said something akin to “this is why she does/says what she does”.

Wish we all had more context because there’s so much to unwrap here. The way he ran onto the court though...I feel like Sebov must’ve said something really nasty to provoke an altercation like that.
He fell flat jumping over that fence. Will probably feel a bit of pain later on when the adrenalin decreases.

·
Registered
24,986 Posts
no point in speculating right now. doubtless we'll find out later what happened from the perspective of the players.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I commend the umpire for acting quickly. He was off his chair before both of them got to the end of the end. Surely, something must have been said at the net for the umpire to deter Parks from going to Sebov's side.

This may not be the most popular comment, but if Park expects to go to Sebov's side and get in her face, then Sebov has the right to push her away from her. The aftermath should be interesting....

·
Registered
84,406 Posts
:haha:

·
Registered
84,406 Posts

·
Registered
53,484 Posts
https://streamable.com/ho1bf

Alycia Parks v Katherine Sebov CATFIGHT in Las Vegas :bolt:
Omg :eek: :help:

Losing a match (and close set) can be disappointing, but that was too much from Parks.

Parks should not have followed Sebov after the handshake, she should have gone to her own chair.
Parks was very angry, aggressive and furious and almost ran into/attacked Sebov. So of course Sebov defended herself and pushed Parks back away from her, that was a defensive push.

Thank God the umpire and some others stopped the angry Parks and her father (?). Both were so aggressive and almost attacked Sebov. Not sure what they said ...

I think that both Parks and Sebov were not innocent. They also seem like rather feisty girls -> see Sebov´s scream after the win and also Parks throwing her racket to the ground after the loss.

·
Registered
14,830 Posts
"Alicias opponent" :lol:

And nid that Vickery comments on this, she lives for the drama..:lol:

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
Looks like sore loser not liking strong handshake for whatever reason (probably a tb lost 9-11). The whole thing look stupid and overblown.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
So it looks like Sebov squeezed her hand, Parks got angry because was frustrated, said "F*ck you" and attacked Sebov. This guy in red shirt was probably Parks dad, run into the court to defend his daughter.
We all know race matters can lead to conflicts very easily.

2241 - 2260 of 2285 Posts