1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
26,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Markus Hantschk (as National Champion)
Lars Burgsmüller
Tomas Behrend
Nicolas Kiefer :rolleyes: LMAO

Kiefer's WC has also created some controversy. ;) Davis-Cup captain Kühnen wants to "give him one more chance".

I don't think one of them will survive the first round. :eek:

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
what a nice selection :eek:
OMG ...... its almost as embarrassing as GB (well not quite)

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Well to add more fire to it.
Becker was fighting for a WC for Roman Valent (yes the Wimby jun. champ from 2001) but the germans were all against it.....

.....well somehow I can understand that the germans want to help their players but at the other hand it's typical german ;) (oh yes I know Gastaad and Basel will give their WC first to the swiss players too ;) )

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Doris Loeffel said:
Well to add more fire to it.
Becker was fighting for a WC for Roman Valent (yes the Wimby jun. champ from 2001) but the germans were all against it.....

.....well somehow I can understand that the germans want to help their players but at the other hand it's typical german ;) (oh yes I know Gastaad and Basel will give their WC first to the swiss players too ;) )
typical german??? :confused: almost every tournament looks first to give their wc to their players! but in leipzig and especially filderstadt (GERMAN tournaments) the most wc went to foreign players! typical german....
but i can't understand the kühnens choice for hamburg! KIEFER? okay, he has (had?) potential, he's able to beat a lot of players, but he won't... HANTSCHK? okay, national champion! he won that wc! BEHREND? omg! no words for that! BURGSMÜLLER? hmm, not really with sense, 'cause there are players like WASKE, who is able to beat top-players and showed that the last weeks! and players like GREUL, ABEL, KOHLSCHREIBER, KAS, PETZSCHNER, GREMELMAYR, GRÖNEFELD, JESCHONEK, BERRER.... who will build the german tennis-future... but i guess a few of them will have the chance in the q.
good luck in h-twon, guys!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Kohlschreiber in particular is a very promising young player, he gave Hewitt a really tough match in the first round last year. Also gave a good account of himself when he was put into the German team for World Team Cup at the last moment to replace Haas, although he did have to play Corretja in his only match and unsurprisingly lost.

·
26,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Doris, I wanted to mention that story too. ;)
But I think that it was only about a qualification WC for Valent, right?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
BEHREND lost his wc! KÜHNEN was disappointed cause he was not informed over BEHRENDs knee-op he had in april. his wc goes to WASKE now! good decision!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts