Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Every time she has an ankle scare prior to or starting a slam, she has made the final of that said slam...

2017 (ankle roll in Rome F, makes RG F)
2018 (ankle roll in R1 AO, makes F)
2019 (ankle slip in Wimbledon R1, makes F)

Of course the bad news for her is she lost the final the two times it happened in the past, but who would have thought such a correlation would exist?

:spit:

·
Registered
10,999 Posts
Every time she has an ankle scare prior to or starting a slam, she has made the final of that said slam...

2017 (ankle roll in Rome F, makes RG F)
2018 (ankle roll in R1 AO, makes F)
2019 (ankle slip in Wimbledon R1, makes F)

Of course the bad news for her is she lost the final the two times it happened in the past, but who would have thought such a correlation would exist?

:spit:
She's then forced to play more aggressively, and that improves her tennis.

·
Registered
31,156 Posts
She also hurt her ankle at 2014 Wimbledon and managed to lose to Eugene Bouchard.

·
Registered
10,999 Posts
She also hurt her ankle at 2014 Wimbledon and managed to lose to Eugene Bouchard.
Then she was thinking of immediate stopping, but she had a big lead in the 1st set and decided to continue. Couldn't win the match (couldn't move). Went back to Romania for medical investigations. Fortunately, she only needed some rest for recovery.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Halep fans have always clung onto and exaggerated everytime she rolls and breaks her ankle, as an excuse if she loses early. What else is new?

·
Registered
10,999 Posts
Halep fans have always clung onto and exaggerated everytime she rolls and breaks her ankle, as an excuse if she loses early. What else is new?
Well, it is so "obvious" ;) that for a player who is typically running 10-20% more in order to wear her lesser fit opponents down, and who makes half of her winners on-the-run, the status of her ankle is irrelevant...

·
Administrator
12,170 Posts
Then she was thinking of immediate stopping, but she had a big lead in the 1st set and decided to continue. Couldn't win the match (couldn't move). Went back to Romania for medical investigations. Fortunately, she only needed some rest for recovery.
How was 2*-1 a big lead?

·
Registered
10,999 Posts
How was 2*-1 a big lead?
Haven't you seen the Halep-Svitolina match?!? Halep was leading to 2-1 in the 1st set, after GIFTING her 2nd service game to Svitolina (at this point she had NO break advantage), and still the match was already over. (Well, this time Simona hasn't suffered an injury.)

On the other hand: when Zhang was leading to 4-1 to Simona in the 1st set, was that a big lead? No. Why is this virtual "logical discrepancy"?!?
The thing is determined by the maximum level that a girl can play when it is needed. With a +2 AM/game advantage the player can regularly come back from being 1-5 down, while if a player can play above +3 AM/game, it is almost impossible to beat her. (But if I remember well, you NEVER took the effort to understand how the AM/game is calculated and why it is important.)

·
Administrator
12,170 Posts
Haven't you seen the Halep-Svitolina match?!? Halep was leading to 2-1 in the 1st set, after GIFTING her 2nd service game to Svitolina (at this point she had NO break advantage), and still the match was already over. (Well, this time Simona hasn't suffered an injury.)

On the other hand: when Zhang was leading to 4-1 to Simona in the 1st set, was that a big lead? No. Why is this virtual "logical discrepancy"?!?
The thing is determined by the maximum level that a girl can play when it is needed. With a +2 AM/game advantage the player can regularly come back from being 1-5 down, while if a player can play above +3 AM/game, it is almost impossible to beat her. (But if I remember well, you NEVER took the effort to understand how the AM/game is calculated and why it is important.)
Do you also remember well that no one really gives a flying rat about the whole AM/game thing?:)

·
Administrator
12,170 Posts
Why do you think that I didn't know that only the smartest people can understand the smartest things?!? :scratch:
I don’t care why you didn’t know that.

·
Registered
19,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
third time lucky! comes out champion this time.

·
Administrator
12,170 Posts
Well, some people say that 2.86 > 2.50, and 1.75 > 1.0 - but don't bother you with these "extremely complicated" things. :secret:
Here’s one not so complicated thing for you - I don’t give a shit about the AM/thing and I find it silly and annoying, and if you think it’s because it’s too much for my ‘little’ brain then so be it.

·
Registered
10,999 Posts
Here’s one not so complicated thing for you - I don’t give a shit about the AM/thing and I find it silly and annoying, and if you think it’s because it’s too much for my ‘little’ brain then so be it.
I accepted this already a year ago. :yeah:

·
Registered
37,744 Posts
Watch her team pull a Tonya Harding on her for the US Open.

Reactions: Haleptard

·
🔴27-04-19 ⚫
13,540 Posts
Simona is actually really lucky with her ankles, it happen all the time.
I'm surprised nobody talk about her first ever Tournament win.

in 2013 at Nurnberg, she hurt her ankle quite badly at the beginning of the second set in her semi final against Safarova, losing the set 6-0, she won the 3rd set quite unexpectedly 6-2 and the next day, won 63 63 in final against Petkovic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts