Tennis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

07 February 2005 - Pierre-Olivier BOUCHE
Winner of the 1996 Open Gaz de France and runner-up in 1994, Julie Halard-Decugis gives us her analysis of the day.
I saw many games in my career but this one was a first. I had never seen such a poor attitude from a player before. Beaten 6-0, 6-0 by Silvia Farina Elia, the Czech player Klara Koukalova took a clean sweep. But how could it turned out differently ? Koukalova was shapeless, flopping and becoming flabby point after point. That was simply unbelievable to watch. When you play tennis at a professionnal level, you can’t afford to play with such a negative attitude. Tennis often relies on small details but this one is a big one !

The difference between Koukalova and Mary Pierce was obvious. Mary seemed to feel so good on the court that her entire game reflected it in a very positive way. She won easily against Anabel Medina Garrigues and showed a constant smile on her face during the whole game.
To win a tennis game, you have to be well balanced in your mind and in your life in general. Because when you reach such a high level, your skills and technique are not enough. I remember, early in my career, that everything went wrong after a while. I was arguing with my coach, I didn’t know where I was going and I couldn’t do anything good on the court. Once I got happy again, everything came back into place just like magic !

Just take a look at Nathalie Dechy. She seems so happy to play tennis at the moment. She took important decisions in her personal life such as getting married or hiring a private coach. And that worked out. Now she feels more matured, calm and serene. An attitude which leaded her in the semi-final of the Australian Open.
The positive attitude rules !

·
Registered
12,274 Posts
:) Allez Marie!!!!

Glad to know that she's happy :) It seems things are workin on her way now! Good luck on your next match sweetie :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.