Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any time I look at RR, guests of RR outnumber currently active members like 3 to 1. Why don't you join us, guys? We'll like to have you here..

·
Registered
113,568 Posts
When Maria Kirilenko played Serena, there were over 100 guests in Russian Roulette.
The most I've seen.

And if you are one of the player's support team, we would definately appreciate your input.

·
Registered
366 Posts
ys said:
Any time I look at RR, guests of RR outnumber currently active members like 3 to 1. Why don't you join us, guys? We'll like to have you here..
What do you mean by "join us" ? I am a member of this board. Where's the difference between being "guest" in RR and being "member" in RR ?

In general, to answer your question as I understand its meaning, I am no fan of "Russian Tennis" nor a fan of Russian players. I am a tennis fan and Kournikova is one of my favorite players. Tennis is an individual sport, I choose my favorite players not by nationality, but by style of play.

As soon as I can watch some more tennis of Kirilenko, she might join my list. Certainly not because she's Russian or was born in Russia, but because I watched the French-Open match against Serena and I was glad to see a player using brain + shotmaker abilites + touch-in-hands + speed-in-feet.

Bottom line: What's the point of this "request" ?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
"What do you mean by "join us" ? I am a member of this board. Where's the difference between being "guest" in RR and being "member" in RR ?"

A guest is someone who hasnt registered to the boards at all. Ys is asking the guests to register and post, as there are always guests in the forums.

·
Registered
453 Posts
ALPHA said:
What do you mean by "join us" ? I am a member of this board. Where's the difference between being "guest" in RR and being "member" in RR ?
Certainly some confusion in your perception, as it seems. :confused:
"Member" is one who logged in (after registering, sure),
and "guest" has not done it. Correct? :)

·
Banned
99 Posts
The viewers at forums is incorrect many times...

Numerous times, I've seen Bovina's Herd have over 10-20 guests, and certain games forums be the same. I highly doubt it's correct.

·
I love Jelica!
34,196 Posts
AMMONIA said:
The viewers at forums is incorrect many times...

Numerous times, I've seen Bovina's Herd have over 10-20 guests, and certain games forums be the same. I highly doubt it's correct.
Yes, Lina would would say that Lena B has no fans because she sucks at tennis and fakes injuries :D. But yeah, I saw 46 guests on last night, and I think that number is highly unlikely.

EDIT: Hey, you are Lina :eek: . Post under your normal account. Thanking you :)

·
Banned
2,910 Posts
I was a guest 2-3 months too. Maybe everyone treads this way;)

·
Registered
113,568 Posts
More and more people are joining Russian Roulette. And the players are getting better and better.

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Epigone said:
But yeah, I saw 46 guests on last night, and I think that number is highly unlikely.
The thing is that it is _CONSISTENTLY_ unlikely high, which doesn't seem to happen to any other forum. Maybe some of players lurking around? :devil: :hearts:

·
Registered
113,568 Posts
The parents won't let the players read this stuff. We inflate their egos too much.

·
I love Jelica!
34,196 Posts
I don't think that Vera would have the patience to read the paragraphs of nonsense that I write about her :eek:

I do know of a (non-Russian) player who visits her own forum, and people changed the way they talked about her upon learning this fact. I think it reduced the vibrant discussions because people are now afraid of offending her :sad:

·
Registered
113,568 Posts
If I knew a player read this, it wouldn't change what I write.
I'm going to try to help each player to enjoy the journey.
It's hard work, but they have a great passion to do this. And to do this well.

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mr Doug said:
What do you mean by joining RR?
Becoming regular participants ( readers AND contributors ) of threads and forums of RR.

·
Registered
113,568 Posts
And if any players read this, I want to say that when you look back, years from now, you want to feel that you tried. That you were true to yourself.
It's not about success. Materialism is fool's gold.
You want to know that deep in your heart, you gave it your best try. That's really all we can do in life.
And then we move on.

·
Registered
113,568 Posts
Maria tries as hard as she can. I will never doubt her heart and courage.

·
Banned
99 Posts
goldenlox said:
And if any players read this, I want to say that when you look back, years from now, you want to feel that you tried. That you were true to yourself.
It's not about success. Materialism is fool's gold.
You want to know that deep in your heart, you gave it your best try. That's really all we can do in life.
And then we move on.
I'm going to be a WTA player next year.

I won't think this at all... because I get NO RESPECT HERE.

I bet Eggy hasn't even bothered to scout my game. Russian expert, my booty.

·
Banned
99 Posts
I'll also likely not even come close to winning a match... unless I draw some of the really bad players like Nancy, Dillingham, etc... :p

I'm doing it more for fun.

And being on an entry list, and official ITF draw, would be living a dream for me. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts