Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4th final of the year for Kenin, damn. She cried during OCC after being break down in set 2, stopped watching but clearly by the score she regrouped.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Hope she can keep it going, it may cost her chances of doing damage in Wuhan, but she gets an extra 100 points if she beats someone who was ranked outside the top 100 coming into this, which is the points equivalent of having to beat Pavs and potentially Mertens IN Wuhan (who incidentally are both still competing in Japan), so definitely worth it.

Winning Guangzhou would also generate 90 more points than reaching a Wuhan QF, and Blinkova was the highest ranked player she has faced (which is quite generous), but she's already proven herself at P5 level by getting to the SF of Toronto and Cincy, so anything next week (if she still plays) would be a bonus.

I saw the first 2 sets, but could only occasionally check the score after that, and after losing 5 games in a row, and game point away from being 2-0 down in the 3rd (already down a break), that's a good turnaround, even if there was a potentially dubious MTO.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
flicking the channels between sonja winning & richmond winning their way through to the a.f.l. grand final at the m.c.g. richmond winning was more important than any tennis match tonight.
didn't see much of sonja but i will be barracking for her tomorrow.

if she wins it will be match win number 44 and a third title of the year.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Once again, Kenin got off to a very slow start, 0-3, against Blinky. These slow starts will kill her in matches against top players.
I was impressed with Blinky's game, and think she will be in the top 30 next year, live ranking #66.
Until very recently Blinky was an ITF player.
Kenin,with no injuries, should be close to top ten next year.

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
Congrats Sofia, another final! :)
I haven't seen or heard that Sofia has taken other tactical MTO's, so I don't want to judge her for that yet. She has played a shit ton of matches this year, and has been relatively healthy. She is bound to feel them, at some point... hopefully she is ok, but this is an ambitious schedule to end the year.

She is 0-2 against Stosur, only winning 5 games each loss. Curious if she can turn this around.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
She is 0-2 against Stosur, only winning 5 games each loss. Curious if she can turn this around.
I saw a bit of the eastbourne match on grass this year and Sofia really dont give a f... coming just from Mallorca title !
and according to me, she had a bandage on her arm only to justify her defeat lol

Dont think she was injuried

1 - 11 of 11 Posts