Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a display from Nina :worship: 52 winners in the end :worship:

First set was really HQ, both players double the amount of winners to UE

in the second, Peng hit with a lot more depth and just pushed Nina behind, who was not hitting with the angles that she was in the first

the third set was just a formality as Peng was dead tired, just served and watched return winners fly past her

Nina is now into the top100 as well :sobbing: FINALLY :sobbing: and she only started this season in April :worship:

Stosur up next again, in Nanchang she exposed her BH beautifully, I hope she has something in the tank left to make a second consecutive WTA SF

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Poor Peng, was barely moving for the past 3 games, a lot of players might have retired, so fair play for her for sticking it out and allowing Nina the umblemished win. It will be interesting to see where she is in the pecking order for Wuhan WC. Yafan is in directly which will help, but Peng, Zhu, Xinyu and Xiyu don't go into 3, and that's not even factoring in any agency wildcards to overseas players that they have handed out recently.

Happy for Nina though, yet another WTA QF for her - she's come a long way since those UK W25 events in April (where she suffered early exits in both).

·
Registered
25,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's with this random upsurge in Stojanovic's results? Anyways, good for her!
New coach, and finally committing to her talent :awww:

She suffered an elbow injury late last year which kept her off the court until April, and in 5 months she managed to make 3 WTA QFs + 1 WTA SF + 2 60k titles :worship:

Those are top 50 results !

Reactions: Javi

·
Premium Member
19,642 Posts
Wow, didn't expect Nina to have a WTA breakthrough, but I'm so happy she did. She always plays pretty well in China :cheer:

·
Banned
8,509 Posts
Stojanovic is one of biggest BBBs(seeing her in past few yrs) and not even good one,no idea how she wins matches...

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
Somebody really loves China :eek:h:

·
Registered
25,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
I wanted Peng in the next round for Sam. :lol: But Stojanovic is lovely and she was hitting the ball like crazy. Just huge winners, she was murdering the Peng serve at times... reminded me of Mary Pierce on a good day.

Peng put in a great effort counterpunching in the 2nd set (and almost stole the first!), and it's nice seeing her double hander again, but that third set... a lot of players would be fined for that lack of effort. :help: She was blatantly just serving and returning, not moving for anything at all or even pretending to.

·
Premium Member
20,435 Posts
Ninic!!! :hearts: Amazing results considering all those injuries. She really needs to keep this momentum. Poor Stosur! She will be dragged again. :eek:h:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts