Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Second day in a row no thread on the rising star Kenin.
I didn't see the match, but looking at the stats it looked like a easy win for Kenin over the #139 ranked Zav.
-
Kenin should beat Paolini in the next round and Svitolina will probably meet Kenin in the semis.
-
Hopefully someone saw the match.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
kenin started slowly, a number of unforced errors early, most unlike her, was 2-0 down.

once she found her range she played as usual, fiesty, determined, great forehand & some excellent serving, plus a number of come ons.

it was very hot, and in her on court interview was pleased to win quite quickly.

zavatska who i hadn't seen play before started really well, a number of early winners, but once sonja got going there was no doubt what was going to happen.

a svitolina semi match up looks likely, sonja playing well enough to win the whole thing.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
So Kenin is going to play every week up to Tianjin? 5 weeks in row. Why she wants to play so much, she doesn't have a chance to go to Shenzhen comparing to Svitolina and Osaka. If she will win here or get to final, at least she should withdraw from Wuhan.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
can i also add that i forgot to mention that sonja's orange skirt, orange shoes combination looked great.

always nice to see some bright colours.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Sofia becoming very reliable this year. Getting the job done against players she should be beating. During her rise this year, the only wtf loss I think she’s had, was Paquet in Strasbourg. A majority of her losses this year were to Top 20 players

1 - 6 of 6 Posts