Great Britain
Hannah Klugman
Great Britain
Amalia Widdowson

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #665
The kids Mimi and Hephzibah make the semis (on opposite sides of the draw).

No Americans left in the girls' singles, rather uniquely in recent times.
... and it's an all British, all 13U, final. This is kind of something. Tarbes will no doubt be another matter, with the Americans, among others, subbing in their top talent.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
We've had some really talented players in the U14 age group in the past. Gabriella Taylor and Maia Lumsden were 2 of the best in the world when in U14, as were Holly Fischer and Kylie Bilchev. Gabi and Maia didn't really live up to some of that promise, though they are both still relatively young. Holly (where is she?) and Kylie seem to be heading down the same road. Holly's stagnation is particularly upsetting for me. She was beating the likes of Emma Raducanu and Dasha Lopatetska 3-4 years ago but they are the ones who have risen through the ranks.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #670
Mimi Xu crashed out of
[thread=1370762]Tarbes[/thread] in R1. There's always next year. Oluwadare qualified, so plays tomorrow. Read won her R1 match.

EDIT: Thread reference to juniors subforum failed. Did I do it wrong, or is it no longer available?

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #671
Hmm, I forgot to look at the thread BB code problem.

Oluwadare saved at least one MP en route to victory. Devas and Cole also through. I dare say they're all second favourites in any match they play from this point on.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #672
Mimi Xu crashed out of
[thread=1370762]Tarbes[/thread] in R1. There's always next year. Oluwadare qualified, so plays tomorrow. Read won her R1 match.

EDIT: Thread reference to juniors subforum failed. Did I do it wrong, or is it no longer available?
Can't edit this post any more. And I don't know where the help for formatting codes is. Anyhow, this is the Tarbes
thread: Les Petits As, U14 Super Category, France

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #673
More Winter Cup nominations (12s are this weekend, 14s and 16s the week after).
Great Britain G14
Team captain: Katie O'Brien
Great Britain
Hephzibah Oluwadare
Great Britain
Hannah Read
Great Britain
Mingge Xu

Great Britain G16
Team captain: Francesca Lewis
Great Britain
Matilda Mutavdzic
Great Britain
Eva Shaw
Great Britain
Ranah Akua Stoiber

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #674
Back in Tarbes, Oluwadare and Read reached R3. Hephzibah lost badly to Fruhvirtova, but Read beat the 2nd seed to reach tomorrow's QF.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #679 (Edited)
Hannah won her QF. Looked like the draw might be opening up for her when Brenda Fruhvirtova dropped the first set in her QF, but she came back to win in 3, and is playing Hannah now (for the right to face the latest American wunderkind, Ngounoue).

Live at
but looks like a mistmatch, as Hannah trails 1-4* first set.

p.s. Lost 1-6 5-7. Brenda went walkabout in the 2nd set and Hannah came very close to taking it into a third, but a lucky net cord turned it round for the Czech girl.

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #680
Winter Cup update: 12s qualified but lost seedings match (finals next weekend, I think), 14s won their qualifying group (2 weeks time for the finals?!), 16s were eliminated in the semi by Russia.

661 - 680 of 698 Posts