Tennis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who are some of the greatest tennis coaches of all time?? Since tennis coaches can't actively coach during a match(at least not legally anyway) they don't usually get enough recognition. In other sports, the coaches get to say they have X number of championships as a coach, but in tennis you don't hear Robert Van Hoft has 3 GS titles as a coach. So who are some of the greatest coaches. I'll start with the coaches of my favorite players. Richard Williams and Oracene Price, who have coached V and S to 10 GS titles.

· Registered
64 Posts
I have to agree with you Knizzle. Anyone who can take a tennis instruction book, in the rough conditions of Compton, California and teach two daughters how to become world class athletes is a winner in my book. He told the world what would happen, and it did. No false hopes, no broken promises. King Richard hath spoketh, and the Queen and Princess will shine again.

· Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,691 Posts
If you're going to judge a coach on what they achieved with the materials presented to them (which is how I do it) then I think Melanie Molitor is one of the greatest. And if you're going to bring the sisters background into it, Hingis didn't exactly grow up in Beverly Hills either. Didn't Molitor have two jobs in factories in Kosice (or something like that)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.