Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
OMG!! i CANNOT BELIEVE THIS...I GOT BACK FROM WORK AND FOUND OUT SHE CAME BACK FROM 3 MATCH POINTS DOWN..AND SHE WON..YOU GO GIRL!!! 3 TIME SLAM CHAMP YOU ARE FIGHTER...YES I AM SHOUTING ....WITH JOY!!!!!!!!!
:bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
ALTHOUGH I DIDN'T LIKE HER ATTITUDE SPECIALLY WHEN SHE SAID THE F-WORD... I AM VERY HAPPY FOR HER. She showed so much confidence and heart to defend her slam... CONGRATULATIONS!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
856 Posts
OMG, I may not care for Jen's attitude and some of her comments against my favs, but I have to say this THAT GIRL HAS HEART, what a WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to Jen, what a fight to the end!

GO U.S.A.!!!!!!!

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Congratulations Jenn!:)Great win over......my,my,my favorite...:sad:

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Well done Jenn, you deserve it...A brave and gutsy performance today... :) GOOOOOOOOOOOO JEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

·
Premium Member
2,310 Posts
I'm basically speechless. I predicted Jen would win it in a much closer match this year, but I didn't want it THAT close!

omg.....my pulse is still racing. I was calling for a trainer in my living room, lol.

Sorry for Martina's fans, I know it's a hard loss.

Congrats to my fellow Cappy fans....we have been through the wringer tonight and come out smiling :)

As far as Jen's outburst, it hurt her definitely, but please take into account that Jen cursed, Martina broke a racket and threw another one. They are both humans and had a LOT of emotions going on. They have to get rid of them somehow, so I have no problem with them venting. Plus, like someone said on another thread, it was DAMN hot out there....they both get a pass from me this time.

Congrats Jen.....still #1 and the first #1 to win a slam in four years!!!

·
Registered
15,274 Posts
My pulse is racing as well and like many others have stated I didn't like her outburst but I commend her for showing her playing ability all the way through those match points!!

She really surprised me here folks! Her draw was tougher then Hingisova's and she still won! WOW! Jennifer I underestimate you girl!!! :)

Also Kudos to Hingis for giving it her all, it takes guts to play in those conditions.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Jennifer, IMO is the gutsiest grand slam champion of all time. The belief she has within is just unmatchable.

This definitely tops the FO final. Argh, her GS final matches are getting tougher...At least I have 4 months for my nails to grow back :)

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Nice win jenn, you showed a champions heart today :)...just wish you didn't have to beat Marti :sad: . As much as I wanted Marti to win, and i am thouroughly devastated by her defeat, jennifer must be given credit for her relentless in such difficult circumstances. Well done jenn, you are a champion in your own right.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
I'm SO happy!! When it got to Martinas 2nd championship point I though "oh no, she's really not going to win this..." and by the 3rd I was wondering "has anyone been championship point down and won the tournament?"

You can only think that is possible with Jen, such a fighter, such spirit. A true champion.

WELL DONE!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
<b>
<font color="pink">
What a day for Jennifer and her fans!!! We are so happy!!
<font>
</b>

1 - 20 of 21 Posts