Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes the headline first of all: Daniela beat a Top 30 Player and this in a great way. But before I will sumerise for you the match a will give you a report what else happend the last day's.
First I have to point out that my PC was 5 day's down..... I was without Internet horribble...... But after I arrived from Daniela's victory my PC again works......
Hmm our queen must have some influence.... ;)

So on Satudarday was Qualifying and I supported Martina (Martinka) Sucha a noble member of Slovakia's Fedcup team last year. She was playing against a talented urakinian teenager (strong service, good groundstrocke's...). There was a group of unfair fan's (the same who were trying the bring Daniela out of concept against the russian Kuznetsova- I will come back to these ugly creatures later). They played with Martinka's name- because when you say "Suka" instead of Sucha it means sth. very bad, although it sounds similar (I don't want to translate it) and they called this more than 5 time's and may be Martinka heard this.) This are not fans - this are pigs! :fiery: :fiery:
I was the onley cheering for Martinka but I gave ervything and she won this in 3 (also she was in the third 2 breaks down- than I cried: " Martinka do toho, snaz sa, nevzdavaj to!!!!! and she really fought back). Afterwords I had a great smalltalk with I think Martinka's boyfriend in slovakian. We talked about tennis, mountains.... (espescially our tours in the high tatras and it was a very nice meeting. I also sayed to Martinka sth. nice and she sayed: "diky- thanks".) The next day (it was sunday) I decided to wear my Slovakian shirt of the ice hockey player Zigmund Palffy and I was cheering for Martinka again, who is a very sweet person and good looking!!!!! But she lost in 3 against a suberb serving Els Callens from Beligium. Afterwords a spoke again with "Micha" her boyfriend and he was disappointed as I because it was such a close 3 setter.
Than I didn't use the opportunity to see Daniela on her first little session with Nigel, because I didn't know this... :(
At this time I supported Janette Husarova, who won in 2 but lost today :fiery: (because of unconcentration!!!!). But the sunday had a great end! I say the whole practising session from Daniela with Nigel. :p :worship:
And I could see what the gameplan was against the russian. All what they practised worked very well. The realtionship between
Nigel and Daniela is also very close and I have to change my mind about him- he is a great coach! I saw how he worked with Daniela and it's no problem for me to change my mind. As I saw Daniela before the session I sayed to her: "Vitaj v Lipsku"- Welcome in Leipzig and than: "Zelam Ti vela uspechov!" (I wish you great success)
They worked on forhand, backhand, drive volley, volley and erverthing what I watched in practise I saw in the match!
And know I will come to the match! As I saw the draw first I was a bit shocked. Kuznetsova - a Top 30 player in the first round who latly played very well. But after what I saw in the practise I was very confident. Than the great moment. Spot on- Danielka was on the way to the court. I was clipping and show my scaf "Slovensko" and calling loudly: "Vela stastia Danielka, Drzim Ti palce!" - It means: Good luck, I will hold hands for you!"
Than the warm up - Danielka was intreduced by the main speaker- but he made a owful mistake. He sayed, that Danielka lost in Quarters at Aus. Open against Lindsay..... But otherwise it was ok- I sayed: " And here is Daaaaaaaanilea Hantuchova from Slovakia..... he read out her track record so far and added, that she want to win in Leipzig this year -I have nothing against.... ;)
Than he sayed:" But Daniela is a multitalent and has also alot more in here live.... For exsample she is a great language talent (english, german, italian beside here on language and czech!) and in the report in the so called "Stadionheft" there are also mentioned, that she is a great piano player......" What's very nice- they wrote- that Daniela well defended herself against the weight rumors and they are absurd and she will have a bright future and want's to be number one in the world!" So Daniela was wearing a beautiful outfit..... (I hope you can find some pictures on the net- just lovley...... I was close to a heart attak, when I saw her first - I couldn't even......ok...... :tape: )
Optimistic blue colour but a start with some problems also caused by unfair russian supporter's. She was 1-3 down, but was soon comming back to 3-3 and until than she took control of the match but until 5-5 it was quite close. But know some words to those fans. When Daniela had a second serve they cried sth. (the ball was already in the air) and Daniela was influenced by this and made the mistake, but her answer to those unfair fan's was just great!!! 2 Aces - that's an answer from a champion!!! And here overall game was very good. Solid serve (good variation), powerfull groundstrokes and belief it or not often- SERVE AND VOLLEY!!! I thought- wow- what a tennis. Great forhand, backhand down the line and no mistakes with drive volley's and overall less than I think 10 UE's the whole match! And beautiful volley- stops- what a Tennis. Especially in the second set. This was a new DANIELA!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
And concentration until the end and more than 6 or 7 Aces (and a lot service winner's). Kuznetsova was a hard contender with a big serve- 170 Kmh!!!!! But Daniela got alot recieving points on her second serve and made almost NO UE!!!!! Just great! And 7-5, 6-2 against the 28 of the world is her best result for many months. And keep in mind. Kuznetsova reached the quarters in Wimbledon and lately the semi's in San Diego. The next contender will be Patty. It should be possible!!! In the quarter's will probably wait Kim! It could be a great match with Daniela at current form.
So at the end I left the court very happy, I called to my best slovakian friend and was just happy to saw the first time DANIELKA and was pleased how she was playing!! At thursday they will face the next oponent. I will be there and write you another report!!!

Greetings to all, Jan :bounce:

P.S. I got the card and the necklace...- I try to hand it in as soon as possible....

· Registered
3,617 Posts
uuuuf, so happy from ur report Janko :wavey: new Daniela, serve+volley, 2aces in a row, no UE-that is best balm 4 my eyes+ears+heart
well....guys....SHE IS BACK!!! :woohoo: im so proud

· ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,629 Posts
:hug:

Jan!!! yay! you make us so proud!!!

I'm glad you're finally getting a chance to see Daniela live.. doesnt she look so graceful and angel-like?? :)

hope u get to give her the card and necklace by us!! :smooch:

have fun this week!!

· Registered
63,741 Posts
great report, but don't call her OUR queen.. cause MY queen is Queen Beatrix van Oranje! and i'm just not the type that calls someone a queen. she's just a cool girl that happens to play the kinda tennis I like

· Registered
829 Posts
I was so freaking busy yesterday and up to my neck in paper and numbers that I totally forgot that she might be playing! I saw the draw and thought it was going to be tough, but I woke up today to see that she won! Great report, danielkafan!

· Registered
3,140 Posts
great report and great news :)

· Registered
1,055 Posts
About the Sucha thing...

In my fledgling quest to learn Russian, I was quite surprised when, during the US Open, they alway called her "suka." (Yes, I know what it means.) When Nastya (my student) and myself were watching a match at a restaurant after a practice, she almost spit out her sweet tea the first time she heard that!

I was disappointed that the announcers hadn't done their homework and not offend a player.

..Joe

· Registered
821 Posts
Just need to check something...
So it's Sucha as in 'Sooka' or 'Zooka'?

Great win for Dani and a tops report to boot! Straight-sets, not many UE and closed-out convincingly against a real 'banana-skin' player (and I mean that in the nicest possible way!)

:bounce:

· I love Jelica!
35,083 Posts
:yeah: Great review Jan. It's good to read a detailed report instead of a one-line summary that only gives the score.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.