Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1-4
Serena Williams (USA) 1056 1
Venus Williams (USA) 618 1
Amelie Mauresmo (FRA) 566 1
Justine Henin-Hardenne (BEL) 551 2

5-8
Chanda Rubin (USA) 499 2
Anastasia Myskina (RUS) 442 3
Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) 439 3
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) 396 2

9-12
Elena Likhovtseva (RUS) 340 2
Jelena Dokic (YUG) 319 3
Elena Dementieva (RUS) 268 2
Jennifer Capriati (USA) 264 1

13-16
Monica Seles (USA) 262 1
Magdalena Maleeva (BUL) 262 3
Lisa Raymond (USA) 210 2
Daja Bedanova (CZE) 204 3

i'll be back in a month,
the point will change post RG
good luck to all.....:)

points accumulated from 2002 grass tournies......
max tournies=3........
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,078 Posts
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what that's supposed to show???? That's only those player's performances on grass last year, I don't think that gives much of an indication into how they'll do this year...

Plus, since Lindsay couldn't play last year, it omits the woman who has the second best record on grass in the best three seasons.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
King Lindsay said:
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what that's supposed to show???? That's only those player's performances on grass last year, I don't think that gives much of an indication into how they'll do this year...

Plus, since Lindsay couldn't play last year, it omits the woman who has the second best record on grass in the best three seasons.
oh, i'm just preparing for the grass season to start,
this shows how they did last yr,

so let's see how these 16 people do on grass this time around......:)
and i'll take points off and add points on there
 

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
Joined
·
41,227 Posts
Amelie has a better record then Justine? :confused:

Justine reached final and semi-final on wimbledon the last two years..she won Rosmalen two years ago and reached semi's last year. How can Momo possibly do better?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,007 Posts
Unlike the clay season, it is impossible to rank players on Grass, 4 weeks including the 2 weeks of Wimbledon deems it impossible and this thread dead in the water.
 

·
psychotic banana
Joined
·
3,022 Posts
yea, that's true...but how else are u gonna do grass comparisons as there are not much grass tourneys to begin with? Grass is just near to becoming obsolete, unfortunately...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flatstat said:
Unlike the clay season, it is impossible to rank players on Grass, 4 weeks including the 2 weeks of Wimbledon deems it impossible and this thread dead in the water.
dont worry.........i realized this already,
that's why i'm keeping this thread dead,
i'll come back and bump this in a month,
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
since all grass tournament commitments are out,
it'll be interesting to review this ranking once again,
the are 3 players outside TOP 15 in WTA ranking
but ranked TOP 16 on grass, they are:
Elena Likhovtseva (RUS) TOP 10 on grass,
defending Wimbledon QF.....
then Lisa Raymond (USA) and Daja Bedanova (CZE)
so keep an eye on them during the grass "season"

the ones in TOP 15 but not on grass
are Lindsay who got injured last yr,
Kim who was off form last yr this time around,
so it'll be interesting to see how the do on grass
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,315 Posts
This is pointless. Are Jelena Dokic's 319 points in 3 events supposed to be that much better than Monica's 262 or Jen's 264 points in 1?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
disposablehero said:
This is pointless. Are Jelena Dokic's 319 points in 3 events supposed to be that much better than Monica's 262 or Jen's 264 points in 1?
yes, that's how those points work,
remember, points are awarded for the matches you "win",
they dont represent how many matches you have lost,
if you know what i mean..............

yes Venus will have more points if WTA only counts
the highest 10 tournaments........but the problem is,
it DOES NOT.............which means, Kim is the #2 player this week,
there is really no point arguing about it......
"presently" Kim is considered to be better than Venus,
maybe not next week, but now, she is......
that's how the ranking works, either put up or shut up....
not that i'm mean or anything.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,315 Posts
Yes, but this system has a maximum of 17 events. If you are giving someone credit for 3 Grass events, that's equivalant to a 30 event ranking over the year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,557 Posts
This thread is worthless. These so-called "rankings" indicate nada. Others have provided ample explanations as to why, ergo, there's no need for me to type anything else. ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
earthcrystal said:
This thread is worthless. These so-called "rankings" indicate nada. Others have provided ample explanations as to why, ergo, there's no need for me to type anything else. ;)
speak for yourself..........
there are no "worthless" threads,
it's all about perceptions...........
these are the records of what happen last yr on grass,
so this is how good they are, you'll see how the performance
of these players will come out on grass soon...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,938 Posts
niceman said:
since all grass tournament commitments are out,
it'll be interesting to review this ranking once again,
the are 3 players outside TOP 15 in WTA ranking
but ranked TOP 16 on grass, they are:
Elena Likhovtseva (RUS) TOP 10 on grass,
defending Wimbledon QF.....
then Lisa Raymond (USA) and Daja Bedanova (CZE)
so keep an eye on them during the grass "season"

the ones in TOP 15 but not on grass
are Lindsay who got injured last yr,
Kim who was off form last yr this time around,
so it'll be interesting to see how the do on grass
Thanks niceman for the ranking info. :worship:
But I think you forgot to add Tamarine Tanasugarn in your top 16. :mad:

Tammy has amazing record on grass as below. ( reaching 5 consecutive round of 16 in Wimby and defeated top players on grass ) :hearts:

Wimby '98
128 W Kveta HRDLICKOVA (CZE) 6-0 7-5
64 W Karen CROSS (GBR) 6-2 7-5
32 W Cara BLACK (ZIM) 6-4 6-0
16 L Martina HINGIS (SUI) 3-6 2-6
Wimby '99
128 W Kveta HRDLICKOVA (CZE) 6-1 6-4
64 W Maureen DRAKE (CAN) 6-4 6-3
32 W Sandrine TESTUD (FRA) 6-2 1-6 6-3 :D
16 L Mirjana LUCIC (CRO) 5-7 3-6
Wimby '00
128 W Rosana NEFFA-DE LOS RIOS (PAR) 7-5 6-2
64 W Natalia ZVEREVA (BLR) 6-1 6-3 :D
32 W Anne-Gaelle SIDOT (FRA) 6-1 4-6 6-4
16 L Serena WILLIAMS (USA) 1-6 1-6
Wimby '01
128 W Cara BLACK (ZIM) 7-5 6-7(2) 6-3
64 W Ludmila CERVANOVA (SVK) 6-2 2-6 6-1
32 W Amelie MAURESMO (FRA) 6-4 6-4 :D
16 L Nathalie TAUZIAT (FRA) 3-6 2-6
Wimby '02
128 W Maria SANCHEZ-LORENZO (ESP) 5-7 6-4 6-4
64 W Jana KANDARR (GER) 6-3 6-4
32 W Meilen TU (USA) 6-2 3-6 6-0
16 L Monica SELES (USA) 2-6 2-6

Birmingham '99
64 W Amelie COCHETEUX (FRA) 6-1 6-1
32 W Lisa RAYMOND (USA) 1-6 7-6 7-5 :D
16 L Magui SERNA (ESP) 2-6 2-6
Birmingham '00
64 W Kristie BOOGERT (NED) 6-3 3-6 6-1
32 W Louise LATIMER (GBR) 7-6(5) 6-3
16 W Lina KRASNOROUTSKAYA (RUS) 7-5 6-2 :D
QF W Julie HALARD-DECUGIS (FRA) 6-4 6-4 :D
SF W Cara BLACK (ZIM) 7-6(0) 6-1
FR L Lisa RAYMOND (USA) 2-6 7-6(7) 4-6
Eastbourne '01
32 W Jennifer HOPKINS (USA) 6-1 6-2
16 W Nathalie TAUZIAT (FRA) 6-7(1) 7-6(6) 6-3 :D
QF L Elena LIKHOVTSEVA (RUS) 3-6 1-6
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,938 Posts
Tammy will be playing both Birmingham and Eastbourne before Wimby. She has to do well on grass to boost up her ranking and she does not have points to defend in Birmingham and Eastbourne.

C'mon Tammy, I know you love playing on grass.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top