Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's impossible to accurately compare current and past champions, but how do you think Justine would do against Steffi given both players were at the top of their games at the same time?

· Banned
191 Posts
Henin is faster, with a better serve & backhand, and her forehand would match Graf's on most days. Henin would win.

· Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zvonerevian said:
Henin is faster, with a better serve & backhand, and her forehand would match Graf's on most days. Henin would win.
I agree with the better backhand, however, I think Steffi is still the fastest female player in the history of the sport, and her serve was every bit as good as Henin's, and her forehand, well, what else can be said. I think it would be a good match to see!

· Banned
191 Posts
Justine has the best, fastest serve in the game, first and second.

· Adrenaline junkie
24,904 Posts
Steffi did't have a chance to play Henin. She did spank Kim once.

Justrine's serve better than Steffi's? Justine faster than Steffi?

Blah...

· Registered
47,657 Posts
Don´t get carried away. Yeah, Justine´s good, real good. But it´s a whole different thing beating ms choke Kim Clijsters in slams, than it´s beating one of the most mentally though players in tennis history.

· Registered
6,478 Posts
Steffi would win !

If both play their best it would be a close match, but Steffi is better when both at their best.

· Registered
47,657 Posts
alfajeffster said:
I agree with the better backhand, however, I think Steffi is still the fastest female player in the history of the sport, and her serve was every bit as good as Henin's, and her forehand, well, what else can be said. I think it would be a good match to see!
ONE of the fastest, not THE fastest... still think that either sister can outrun her anyday.

· Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Zvonerevian said:
Justine has the best, fastest serve in the game, first and second.
I personally think Justine has the most effective serve for her size- she has become more consistent with her first serve power, and places her second serve better than anyone under 5'10" on the tour. Steffi (although she fibbed about her height) was close to 5'11", and regularly hit 105-114mph first serves, and 90-100mph second serves. She didn't use spin, she used pace and placement, and it was very effective from a higher trajectory than Justine is capable.

I think Graf would beat Henin on the faster surfaces, but would have trouble with her on clay and in Melbourne.

· Registered
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bandabou said:
ONE of the fastest, not THE fastest... still think that either sister can outrun her anyday.
It's fun to think about- and I don't think Serena would beat Steffi- Venus, on the other hand, when she's given point A and told to run to point B, maybe, but maybe not, either.

· Registered
20,830 Posts
bandabou said:
you don't realize how fast steffi was, also in driving. she liked to brag how she was driving her car with 260 km pro hour :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.