Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, probably never going to happen, but wouldn't it be great to see these two champions find a common charity and play a series of 7-10 exhibitions across the globe? (well, everywhere but Germany)

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
it's not important who would win . The context would not be right, they were direct rivals until Monica was stabbed by a grafanatic. There is no good feelings left there and certainly not the notoriety exhibition organizers would be looking for.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
CoryAnnAvants#1 said:
She better wipe the floor with Chris or there is NO chance of her coming back.
I should correct myself, they are not playing against each other but giving a tennis clinic for public. Best of all , it's free

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
alfajeffster said:
Okay, probably never going to happen, but wouldn't it be great to see these two champions find a common charity and play a series of 7-10 exhibitions across the globe? (well, everywhere but Germany)

OK, but not in the U.S.
Because Seles is from there.

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
ezekiel said:
Mrs Agassi lives in Vegas :retard: and Monica lives in florida

What has all that to do with Andre's mum?
:confused:

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
ezekiel said:
No !!!

Monica is playing this thursday in Toronto against Chris Evert in an exhibition
:woohoo: go Monica

btw u know if she is planing to return? i hope she is :worship:

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
SelesFan70 said:
No official retirement that I've heard...and if Mary Pierce can come back from years of injuries, surely Monica can. :D
hell yeah she can and hopefully she will :hearts: :hearts:

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ezekiel said:
it's not important who would win . The context would not be right, they were direct rivals until Monica was stabbed by a grafanatic. There is no good feelings left there and certainly not the notoriety exhibition organizers would be looking for.
Pfft! I think it would draw huge crowds. The real question is what kind of shape is Monica Seles in? All we've heard from her is a few obscure exhibitions against Navratilova in New Zealand after the OzOpen. She was decidedly thinner, but what kind of shape is she in?

Also- why are you so sure that they have bad feelings for each other? Because they were never good friends in the public eye? I wouldn't be surprised to find out they've spoken quite a few times in the past 3-4 years, and I'd betcha, knowing how nice Monica is, that she even sent congratulations on the birth of Graf's children, in private, of course. It's okay to let go of that stabbing and move on to something positive.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
two champions find a common charity
Steffi Graf has already founded a charity to help children who are traumatized by war. Her charity has opened several hospitals in Europe and Africa to help those kids with psychological problems. Steffi raises several millions of dollars every year. What charity does Monica help? Just asking.

Also, why should she play Monica? Steffi already had a built in tennis partner. Steffi, Andre and Andy Roddick will play in Richmond, Virginia in December and the money from that will be divided among the charities that each of the three are dedicated to.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised to find out they've spoken quite a few times in the past 3-4 years,
In an interview this year for a German magazine Steffi said she hasn't "heard from" Monica in "several years" and she also hasn't contacted Monica.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
sure, they should take a stab at it! :haha: ...sorry, that was poor taste. my bad!

btw, chris is NOT playing monica in singles...they are switching off with doubles partners in a charity exhibition. evert played doubles against lindsay davenport last year in a similar venue and beat her both times. go chrissie!

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
SelesFan70 said:
No official retirement that I've heard...and if Mary Pierce can come back from years of injuries, surely Monica can. :D

Mary has proven that she has the drive and determination to put in the hard work to get in the best possible shape.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
miranda_lou said:
Steffi Graf has already founded a charity to help children who are traumatized by war. Her charity has opened several hospitals in Europe and Africa to help those kids with psychological problems. Steffi raises several millions of dollars every year. What charity does Monica help? Just asking.

Also, why should she play Monica? Steffi already had a built in tennis partner. Steffi, Andre and Andy Roddick will play in Richmond, Virginia in December and the money from that will be divided among the charities that each of the three are dedicated to.
Where I'd love to attend.

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
Mary has proven that she has the drive and determination to put in the hard work to get in the best possible shape.
:tape: And yet Monica STILL has 9 Majors not being in great shape...raw talent, baby! Raw talent! :worship:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts