Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know I may be generalizing since not every Steffi Graf fan thinks like this, but I just want certain Steffi Graf fans to decide once and for all. After reading certain posters' comments in the Justine vs Hingis thread, I felt this had to addressed.

* Steffi fans claim that Martina Hingis was "lucky" that she got to the number one ranking, the only reason being because Steffi Graf was injured. She is called a "caretaker" number one who would have been "run off the court" had Graf been healthy.

Yet these same fans are the first one's to call certain Monica Seles fans "delusional" when they state that Steffi reclaimed number one in 1993 and put up great numbers after 1993 because Monica got stabbed. Then, they start posing arguments that Steffi beat whoever was in front of her at the time and that there are 128 players in the draw. What happens to these arguments when they are denigrating Hingis' achievements?

Let me add, that being injured is part of the game; being stabbed in the back during a changeover is not.

So, what I want is for you guys to finally decide on something and stick with that. What'll it be?

A) Steffi was lucky and a caretaker number one player in the world because of the Monica Seles stabbing. Martina was lucky and a caretaker number one player in the world because of Steffi Graf's injuries.

B) Martina deserves everything that she achieved because we'll never know what might have been. Players get injured all the time. It's part of the game and if Steffi's body broke down on her, it's not Martina's fault. Steffi deserves everything she achieved pot-1993 because we'll never know what might have been. Players getting stabbed during a changeover is not part of the game, but unfortunately, that is how things turned out.

It's your choice to make.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I just gave my opinion on the other thread;)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
add the when we don't adknowledge steffi's post 93 then we think the same about the asv's and conchita's

keep it fair :p

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
Wow! Nice....another Seles-fans vs Graf-fans fight!!

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
no serious as said I think all the lucky winning thing is just crap. that can be the case 1 time, two times but not 5 times or more

you simply did something right then.

my post;)

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
irma said:
add the when we don't adknowledge steffi's post 93 then we think the same about the asv's and conchita's

You had to say that part, huh?! :lol:

·
Registered
47,533 Posts

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
go ali :D

I ask for that for years already too but then indeed those people like helterskelter bash steffi's succes and then start how far kim is still from asv :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
hingis-seles said:
Okay, I know I may be generalizing since not every Steffi Graf fan thinks like this, but I just want certain Steffi Graf fans to decide once and for all. After reading certain posters' comments in the Justine vs Hingis thread, I felt this had to addressed.

* Steffi fans claim that Martina Hingis was "lucky" that she got to the number one ranking, the only reason being because Steffi Graf was injured. She is called a "caretaker" number one who would have been "run off the court" had Graf been healthy.

Yet these same fans are the first one's to call certain Monica Seles fans "delusional" when they state that Steffi reclaimed number one in 1993 and put up great numbers after 1993 because Monica got stabbed. Then, they start posing arguments that Steffi beat whoever was in front of her at the time and that there are 128 players in the draw. What happens to these arguments when they are denigrating Hingis' achievements?

Let me add, that being injured is part of the game; being stabbed in the back during a changeover is not.

So, what I want is for you guys to finally decide on something and stick with that. What'll it be?

A) Steffi was lucky and a caretaker number one player in the world because of the Monica Seles stabbing. Martina was lucky and a caretaker number one player in the world because of Steffi Graf's injuries.

B) Martina deserves everything that she achieved because we'll never know what might have been. Players get injured all the time. It's part of the game and if Steffi's body broke down on her, it's not Martina's fault. Steffi deserves everything she achieved pot-1993 because we'll never know what might have been. Players getting stabbed during a changeover is not part of the game, but unfortunately, that is how things turned out.

It's your choice to make.
:worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
using her 4 slams as reason

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
irma said:

I thought that was naturally assumed. ;) :p

Poor Aranxta and Conchita. They're always forgotten. :eek:

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
C) Steffi was lucky and a caretaker number one player in the world because Gabriela Sabatini's commitments to her perfume lines, rose and generally being the greatest ever meant that she only really had the time to play properly in Florida. Martina was lucky and a caretaker number one player in the world because of Gabriela Sabatini's retirement.

That's the real truth :p.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
kart has the truth as always :bowdown:

Reactions: Kart

·
Registered
174 Posts
I still have problems believing Arantxa reached the number one spot and Gaby not.
Who would have guessed that in 1992?

Steffi was the number one player because of Mary Jo Fernandez's 1993 mentally devastating victory over Sabatini at Roland Garros.

:p

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kart said:
C) Steffi was lucky and a caretaker number one player in the world because Gabriela Sabatini's commitments to her perfume lines, rose and generally being the greatest ever meant that she only really had the time to play properly in Florida. Martina was lucky and a caretaker number one player in the world because of Gabriela Sabatini's retirement.

That's the real truth :p.
So that's the truth. And when did you have this epiphany? :p

1 - 20 of 186 Posts