1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you go croat123.

Goran up with the ace
By Jenni Rutherford at Stanley Street

Reigning Wimbledon champion Goran Ivanisevic is safely through to the second round after making tidy work of unseeded Finn Jarkko Nieminen at the Heineken Open on Tuesday.

The Croatian was pushed past Nieminen 7-6 (7-5), 6-3 in just over an hour to progress to the second round.

It is now unchartered territory for the world no. 12, he was knocked out in his only other appearance at Stanley Street two years ago in the first round by Sjeng Schalken. He may yet meet Schalken later in the tournament after Netherlander won his match in three sets (6-2, 3-6, 6-3).

Despite the relatively easy match for Ivanisevic, the 30-year-old was full of praise for the 20-year-old.

"He can improve a lot of aspects of his game. He can improve his serve, he can improve his game even more, he is one for the future," he said.

Ivanisevic got plenty of chances to test out his injured shoulder, acing Nieminen 18 times, including four successive lightning bolt serves.

"It is not a problem for me to serve 30 aces a day, but the next day it is sore," he said.

Ivanisevic took pain-killers for Tuesday's match and plans to do the same for his next game.

Ivanisevic feels he is on track for his next stop, the Australian Open next week.

"The game is here. As soon as I serve well and if I continue to serve like that it gives me confidence," he said.

Source: nzoom

·
Registered
25,339 Posts
thanks goran for the articles :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts