Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

Wow the quality is good. You can clearly see the players, their footwork, their strok production and even their grips. Even though it was a one sided match, from what we can see they seem to be fairly balanced. Really good movement from both. I think this is the highest quality video of Helen in action that I have seen.

·
25,282 Posts
Thank you Sam!

They look similar at first glance, but Wills has a good deal more pop on her serve and a stronger backhand. As a result she must have dictated play quite a lot-keeping Bennett on a string.

Lets hope more of these are preserved and appear before the nitrate gets them and they crumble to dust.

·
Registered
452 Posts
anyone know why wills (and others) hit their backhands "open stance" and like swatting flies with a fly swatter? not trying to be disparaging.. i find it odd though the backhands stroke production of wills and wonder how good her backhand could have been and was with this open stance, no weight behind it, "swatting flies with a fly swatter" swing?.... especially with the very heavy wood rackets of the time?...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts