Tennis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
14,307 Posts
The idea sucks ass! lol:)

It is just plain stupid for the following reasons:

1. Why should the winner of the un-injured semi-final have only one chance to win the final? Why penalize them and let the other semi-finalst gain? due to a third party's injury?

2. Why let a loser in the semi-final get another chance at the final? It is not the initial injury free's players fault that another player pulled out.

3. What the hell will this do for the game of tennis? It will make it suffer imho and diminish in quality.

That is like saying that the "RAMS" can get another shot at winning the Superbowl because the starring QB is injured.

I am totally in disagreement with this scenario for the obvious reason. Once your ass loses in a match you are outta there period. I am against any player getting a second chance at winning anything in any sport. It does nothing for the sport!!

Maybe they can play a match with the winner and the losing semi-finalist? In my opinion Venus and Amelie was the final anyway.

· Registered
14,307 Posts
It is more than a problem it is CHEATING!!!

No sport should ever give a loser another shot at winning.. LMAO!!

What happens if Serena or Lindsay or Kim caught a quick flight out? Would they have to fly back and re-play for a title shot? lmao

Or what about this little scenario? What if these rules did exist and all players knew them like the back of their hand?

Well Jelena would only have to play ONE point and STILL then withdraw and Seles would get a losers points. The ladies would only work the sysytem like they do the rankings to their ADVANTAGE.

I am sorry but this whole dang idea is absoultely hysterical.. I am laughing so hard at these silly organizers. Money makes people go crazy.. I tell yah!:)

ROTHLMAO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.