Tennis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
672 Posts
"In the case of injury to one of the finalists, perhaps the semifinalist defeated by that player can be authorised to take her place. The cancellation of both finals completely ruined the event as a spectacle."
I think thats a stupid idea. Stupid.

What happens when the semifinalist wins? You'd can't exactly give the title to the injured player, but you cannot say that the semifinalist won it, since she was beaten in the first place.

And then what would happen about the points?

Either way, its a stupid idea. Thought of, by some pathetic-ass guy, who's just bitter about having their home event screwed up. ie "why'd they have to get injured here? Why couldn't they have gotten injured in Britain, or the United States? Or why couldn't they just play anyway? Hop around on one leg, and only breathe at the change of ends. We could supply icepacks, I'm sure."

· Registered
672 Posts
Brian Stewart said:
If a player can't go, let the person she beat in the prior round replace her. The incentive being that if the replacement wins, they would split the extra ranking points gained.
What would they do with the title, and the trophy?

"Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and my house. Tuesdays, Thurdays, Saturdays at yours. And on Sundays we'll meet and admire it together."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.