Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say, that I was a bit annoyed of this weekend. My worst tennis weekend by far. It was nice to meet some people like Steve or Pascal Reinicke but over all it was a bit boring, especially on Sunday. Saturday I was so tired, and Sunday the only match I was really interested in was Lisicki vs. Pastikova.

It was very diffcult to take pictures, because it is to dark at indoor matches. So all images are blurry, not very sharp but I'm happy that some look nevertheless quite intresting. Here is a selection:

Tatjana Malek (more on Tatjana in here: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=162232&page=4):

Sabine Lisicki (more on Sabine in here: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=175066):

Karolina Sprem:

Alexandra Stevenson:

Claudine Schaul:

Bethanie Mattek:

Tszvetana Pironkova:

Eva Hrdinova:

Dominice Ripoll:

Jelena Kostanic - The never ending story: She has a nice technique, very nice footwork, but she lacks the power in the shots at all. Otherwise she would be at the Top, but with these shots :( - The Pics:

Sunday Pictures to follow.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A_S said:
very good stuff especially for indoor, what were you shooting with?
As I said, it was quite difficult. Glad you like them. I have a Canon 20D with a Canon 70-200 1/4.0 L lens and all pics are shot with ISO 800 and 1/250 up to 1/500.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Paule22 said:
As I said, it was quite difficult. Glad you like them. I have a Canon 20D with a Canon 70-200 1/4.0 L lens and all pics are shot with ISO 800 and 1/250 up to 1/500.
Exactly what i shoot with actually! well, looking pretty good for ISO-800, the camera's noise levels are very good however. If you still have a few problems with noise, i recoment trying noiseware pro its a great little noise reduction tool. I have to say though, i am surprised at the shutter speeds you could use indoor with the F4 lens, even at ISO-800. I have shot many times out door with that lens on 800 and got about the same sort of speeds (at f4) so it must have been pretty light, great shots anyway :)

·
Vamorza!
46,227 Posts
Paule I have to say these are looking really good for indoor court like Filderstadt,thanx for sharing ;)

·
Banned
6,236 Posts
Paule22 said:
Yeah there is one very nice, but at the moment I have to pack my stuff for tomorrow so, you have to wait for 2 hours or so, sorry :)
Oh ok, but I will be sleep by then so make sure you PM or something Also, how did she play(style etc)

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Thanks for the pics!

Wow, Karolina looks great in that white outfit! :D

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some More

The Very Best Rest:

Angelika Bachmann(look who is in red shirt on the first one :)) :

Lucie Hradecka:

Sabine Klaschka - When her game is on, she has some really decent shots. It's a bit sad that she is already 25 and chokes sometimes :():

Anne Kremer:

Bethanie Mattek 2:

Zuzana Ondraskova:

Kveta Peschke:

Karolina Sprem 2:

Old Scoreboard:

Sweetie on chair:

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:Rawwb: said:
Oh ok, but I will be sleep by then so make sure you PM or something Also, how did she play(style etc)
So, here they are, as promised :)

Michaela Pastikova:

What I noticed, as you can see in the first pic, is her very odd serve technique. She just lifts her racket and fires some grenades on the other side. So her power is quite impressive. She choked a bit against a fighting Lisicki in second set (had 5 MPs before she used the sixth), but ok, she was never in real danger to loose this match. The problem could be, that she has like many other players to much power, but it is not able to use it, just fires these shots, without brain, so she hits to much errors. But I have to say, I was more focussed on Lisicki, sorry :(

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
11,195 Posts
Tatjana Malek looks good...

Bethanie Mattek Isn't she like a few too many pounds overweight

Alexandra Stevenson I didn't know she is still playing she probably didn't make it to the main draw....

Thanks for the photos they are great....take more from the main draw matches please.....

·
Banned
15,895 Posts
LostGlory said:
Tatjana Malek looks good...

Bethanie Mattek Isn't she like a few too many pounds overweight

Thanks for the photos they are great....take more from the main draw matches please.....
I thought I had seen Mattek before but she looks unfamiliar. "Interesting" sense of style with the spangled headbands, and the skirt down to her you-know-what.

And I didnt realize this tourney is indoors.

Thanks A LOT for these pics :hatoff: ... it helps me to put a face to a name with a lot of these younger players Ive not seen yet.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts