Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tatiana has never been the strongest mentally on tour and has always been a ? in terms of belief but currently she's choking in nearly every match she plays :help: :sad:

AO: Santangelo - 4-6 6-4 2*-0, loss
Paris: Mauresmo - 7-6 5*-4, loss
Antwerp: Filpkens - 6-1 4*-0, win 7-6
Antwerp: Clijsters - 6-4 6-7 4*-3, loss
IW: Dulko - 6-1 5-3*, loss

Will Tati ever work it out? :sad:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Yeah these times are tough for Tati!
But you know Choking is a French speciality.
Time will pass away and Tati will take Amelie's way to the top of the tennis world ;)

·
Team WTAworld, Moderator, Polish & Serbian Kingdo
119,559 Posts
:help: x 10000000000000 for Tatiana... Get it together! :eek:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
She's still very young. Hopefully. she can get a couple of very close victories under her belt, she has alot of potential.

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah, she's a potential top 10, but now she has to win those kind of matches!

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Looks like a lot of my favs are labeled chokers :eek:. I dont even want to imagine what a difference in confidence Tati would have if she had beaten Mauresmo, Clijsters, and Dulko yesterday. Instead, this :mad: Still, Im sure her time will come :)

·
Heyyy
22,759 Posts
it is worrying but look at petrova

shes had a lot of chokes in her career but then she beat mauresmo in doha a couple of weeks ago

if nadia can get over it-so can tati...i hope

·
Banned
6,260 Posts
Except for her last match I don't see much choking there... :shrug:

Reactions: willrock

·
Registered
8,683 Posts
willrock said:
Yeah these times are tough for Tati!
But you know Choking is a French speciality.
Time will pass away and Tati will take Amelie's way to the top of the tennis world ;)
:lol:

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
i agree, something just isn't there in her head. i don't think it will ever be....

·
Banned
303 Posts
Polla Muy Tiesa said:
Except for her last match I don't see much choking there... :shrug:
indeed , most of the results in the first post , is just 1 break that isn't confirmed yet on her own serve. You don't have a break if you can't keep your own serve after that.

What's 1 break in women tennis ? not much...

And 1 break against clijsters or mauresmo doesn't mean much either, they have the quality for fighting back.

But the match against Dulko was a big choke , cause she won her service games so easy and had a lot of breakpoints on dulko's serve. And then it was all over , even in the tiebreak she had a 5-1 lead.

·
Heyyy
22,759 Posts
Tom Boonen said:
indeed , most of the results in the first post , is just 1 break that isn't confirmed yet on her own serve. You don't have a break if you can't keep your own serve after that.

What's 1 break in women tennis ? not much...

And 1 break against clijsters or mauresmo doesn't mean much either, they have the quality for fighting back.

But the match against Dulko was a big choke , cause she won her service games so easy and had a lot of breakpoints on dulko's serve. And then it was all over , even in the tiebreak she had a 5-1 lead.
i agree 1 break doesnt mean much but golovin was the better player in the clijsters match and got tight, and did you see how tati played her match point against mauresmo :tape: it was ugly!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I know I'm going to get beaten up by Tati fans but anyway . . .

Tati seems to be very, very out of shape.:sad: I mean, that butt of hers . . .:rolleyes: I was shocked at how her "love handles" hung over her shorts and her butt looks enormous, nearly as broad as Serena's.:lol: Also, she did appear a bit tired during that tiebreak.

I noticed several times fans were giggling and pointing at her; women mostly. The girl needs to work out a little bit. Either that, or stop wearing those horizontal stripe, hip hugging shorts.:tape: Not the least bit flattering.

Gisela looked so much nicer and sexier in her Lacoste outfit.:kiss: Plus, she has that hunky brother as a great accessory.:drool: :lick:

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
miranda_lou said:
I know I'm going to get beaten up by Tati fans but anyway . . .

Tati seems to be very, very out of shape.:sad: I mean, that butt of hers . . .:rolleyes: I was shocked at how her "love handles" hung over her shorts and her butt looks enormous, nearly as broad as Serena's.:lol: Also, she did appear a bit tired during that tiebreak.

I noticed several times fans were giggling and pointing at her; women mostly. The girl needs to work out a little bit. Either that, or stop wearing those horizontal stripe, hip hugging shorts.:tape: Not the least bit flattering.

Gisela looked so much nicer and sexier in her Lacoste outfit.:kiss: Plus, she has that hunky brother as a great accessory.:drool: :lick:

Let's say that Tati has shapes. Gisela is flat. The comparison is easy.
Plus don't you think it is more than normal for a 18 year old girl to have weight problems?

·
Banned
303 Posts
KuzyIsNo1 said:
i agree 1 break doesnt mean much but golovin was the better player in the clijsters match and got tight, and did you see how tati played her match point against mauresmo :tape: it was ugly!
yeah she was the better one in that match, but on the other hand , clijsters was leading to with a break in that final set and she lost it to , ok tati couldn't finish it.

But i seen this so much with topplayers, even when they play bad , they still can finish it, williams did it so much in the first rounds few years ago. They just play a level higher then.

If you lose a break against clijsters , i don't see that as choking, if you lose it against non top 10 players all the time that's something else.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Plus don't you think it is more than normal for a 18 year old girl to have weight problems?
Yes . . . an ordinary 18 year old girl, not one who is supposed to be a professional athlete.

I'm not critizing Tati, just making a remark that she looked out of shape. No offense meant.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts