Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) I was a fool. :) I was rooting against kimmy all this time so that venus would keep the #2 seed at RG (and so that we could see another williams final) but now I changed my mind. The only way a Williams could get into the final, based on their result on clay so far, is if both of them are on the same half and avoid amelie, kim and justine. So, I am glad kim is getting the #2 seed (and she deserve it too) and am praying she, justine and amelie are on the other half away from serena and venus. Is it possible that all three of them could be in the same half?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Kim will very likely keep the #2 ranking through Wimbledon. She has no points to defend for the next couple of months. It's very likely that she will make at least the SF at the French Open and the QF or SF at Wimbledon. All of that will just add to her point total. Venus, however, has to defend 2 finals appearances, and Justine has a SF at Wimbledon to defend.

It will be interesting to see where Wimbledon seeds Kim and Venus, though. I suspect their results at the French Open will play a part (even though it's a different surface).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts