Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5-7 6-4 6-0 :)

Tatiana looked absolutely fantastic for a while, actually dictating against the player who has the hardest forehand in the game. But Dementieva showed great maturity in coming back from 5-7 3-4 and not losing another game!

I think she can get very far in this tournament...what top player has she not beaten?

·
Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know :fiery: but I can't change it now :fiery:

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Did they show this match on t.v.??? I will be deeply upset if they did. lol

·
Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, they showed the match, although they skipped the first five games of the last set :fiery: for Juan Carlos Fererro's match and Todd Martin's match (has ever such an unremarkable, unpopular player received such quantative airtime? Bleh). Dementieva played well, but Perebynis was just an all out power fiend for half of the match, before wilting.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
WOuld have liked to have seen straight sets but the bagel sort of corrects the incorrect.

GO ELENA!

Well done Tatiana!

·
Registered
14,431 Posts
well done ELENA
great comeback :) :woohoo:

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
Elena's comeback owed quite a lot to Perebiynis choking, I'm afraid. Both she and Myskina were very lucky today as their opponents were unable to close out.

Still, a great 3rd set for ED. After all, opponent may choke, but you still have to focus, play the points and win it, so all credit to her for doing it so well in the end. :)

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
A question about Tatiana:

I saw her profile, and she was one of those who went pro at about 13--yet has done *nothing* in her career.

Anybody know if she is considered a disappointment :confused:

·
Registered
13,220 Posts
She played the finals of Wimbledon and US Open in '00 as a junior, but she hasn't made anything spectacular since... But I think she still has a chance to improve her ranking.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Joana's right. Althought Tatiana did turn pro in 96 she really didnt start playing professional tennis until 2001. She has improved quite nicely these past 2 years but compared to her junior career its not as good as what it should have been. But she's definitely finding her game now! :)

Darn I wish I could've seen this match. :( Too bad Tati but good luck to Elena in the next round!! :)

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
To be honest, it was still very close a 4-4 in the 2nd set, Elena just played smart i.e. hit the ball a little deeper and harder to push Tatiana back.

In the 3rd, Elena began to dominate with winners and forced errors and Tatiana ran out of gas. Elena looked very fit indeed and maybe seeing that across the net freaked her out!

Elena will have to up her game andbe more aggressive aganst Frazier, but I believe Elena can knock her out! :)

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i only saw a few games in the 2nd set and perebiynis was making a lot of errors. but she has a big serve and a big forehand so she has basis to take herself to the next level (top 50) if she works for it but i think she needs to work on that backhand (consistency).

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I saw the 1st set only and that Tatiana girl was playing like a top player.

I was horrified watching Elena's second serve. No wonder she cannot break through. Its absolutely horrible!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts