Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Girlfriend 'hit with alligator'

Even a small alligator could pack quite a punch

A man in the US state of Florida was arrested after he allegedly used his pet alligator to hit his girlfriend.

David Havenner, 41, faces misdemeanour charges of battery and possession of an alligator, said the authorities.

Girlfriend Nancy Monico claimed he beat her with his fists and then grabbed the alligator and swung it at her as she tried to escape, said officials.

The three-foot (one metre) alligator, which had been kept in a bathtub, was handed to Florida wildlife officials.

"He threw [the alligator] at me," 39-year-old Ms Monico said on ABC News. "I don't think he knew what he was doing. He was just throwing it at me." She also alleged Mr Havenner threw beer bottles at her at their home in Port Orange, central Florida, said the sheriff's spokesman Gary Davidson. Mr Havenner's version of the story differed. According to the Associated Press, he told investigators Ms Monico bit his hand because she was upset they had run out of alcohol.

People are crazy!

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did everyone hear about Bobo the tiger? I'm in Palm Beach and already there are bumper sticker saying "Bobo was MURDERED". Which he was but... the whole place has gone Bobo crazy :tape: And hundred and hundreds of people went to his memorial service the other day. And yesterday he was buried... complete with a hearse carrying his body and a priest!!! And tonight is another memorial service. Wow!

:sad: :sad: :sad: Poor Bobo... :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
the whole tiger thing is sad..but the guy is so upset they shot the tiger, he claims they murdered him...but should they have risked him attacking someone ??
and he got out they are saying bc someone opened his cage.....with an animal like that it might have been a good idea to put a lock on the gate i would think :shrug:

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
glcacic said:
the whole tiger thing is sad..but the guy is so upset they shot the tiger, he claims they murdered him...but should they have risked him attacking someone ??
and he got out they are saying bc someone opened his cage.....with an animal like that it might have been a good idea to put a lock on the gate i would think :shrug:
Well, I know somebody who was there (he works for the local TV station... WPTV actually have most of the killing on tape) and the tiger didn't look like he was attacking anyone. He stood up when he saw the people... the next thing officers were shooting him. They probably got scared. But the person I know was in sight of the tiger and he didn't notice any kind of "lunge".

I feel really bad for the Tarzan guy who owned him. I don't think any big cats should be kept as pets but he obviously loved him a lot and some of the video footage of him with Bobo and his other cats is sooooooooooooo cute.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts