Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
she was the israeli champion in the years 1976-1978
she came to israel from lita (i don't know how you write it in english) and her highest ranking was 18 in the world..!!

·
Registered
8,863 Posts
from where is this data? can you provide a link?

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
The absence of data about one of the top 10 Israeli female athletes ever (2nd best in the 1970s) shows a lot about the lack of a real sporting culture here.
After not finding anything more then Grand Slam and Fed Cup results (and a few words without any sources here and there), I've decided to contact the Israeli Tennis Federation, and asked them why all the information about the past local champions amounts to a list with their names. They sent me to their spokesman who said that I'm right and their site is still in development, historical information will be added in a few months and so on (we'll see about that).

To my surprise, both him and the ISR TF told me to contact the player directly and gave me her phone number! :eek:
Now, I don't feel comfortable making phone calls to private people I don't know, but this was a last resort...
Paulina turned out to be very nice and we talked for a few minutes.
On Sunday I'll interview her and post the conversation here as soon as possible.

Of course I have already prepared some questions, but any ideas of what to ask her are most welcome - please PM.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thank you for the news. It will be most interesting to read the interview when you have the opportunity to post it. Perhaps this will be a start of other interviews from other players as well. Keep us informed as to what happens. A direct interview with the fans not the media would be really nice to read.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Thank you for the news. It will be most interesting to read the interview when you have the opportunity to post it. Perhaps this will be a start of other interviews from other players as well. Keep us informed as to what happens. A direct interview with the fans not the media would be really nice to read.
I fully agree with what you said

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
It will be held later this week; I caught a cold and my throat really hurts :(
Thanks to anyone who sent PMs with questions (not too many, unfortunately).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry to read that you are not feeling well.
Take good care of yourself and I look forward to reading the interview when you feel better.

·
Registered
8,684 Posts
Thats awsome, thanks so much!
I look forward to the interview.

meanwhile take care, hope you'll feel better soon :)

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
I hope you will get better fast and have a successful meeting.

·
Registered
667 Posts
What about that interview?

Can someone tell me more about Paulina? her best GS reasults? titels won? top 10 wins? anything???

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Okay, I'll answer that publicly as well: after that miserable timing to be voiceless for a few days (not that I'm feeling too great this week, either... I don't like cold weather!), I had a busy period at work, so it will be held in March, if she'll be available (hopefully).

GS results (not too impressive, it has to be said) can be found here:
http://www.tenniscorner.net/index.php?corner=w&action=players&playerid=PEP002
Her one title that is mentioned here:
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?p=9868088&highlight=peisachov#post9868088

1 - 14 of 14 Posts