Tennis Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18,751 Posts
Getting to know.....Miranda Frost

Miranda Frost is a new year's child who was born on 1st January 1996, in one of the coldest winters of the last decades to Emma and Ole Frost. She has started playing tennis at the age of 7 years and debuted on the FWTT junior tour in May 2011. She became one of the most succesful junior players of all time, won the junior Championships three times in a row, reached the finals of the Australian Open, Roland Garros and Wimbledon. She has been junior number 1 in singles, doubles and mixed doubles.

After the end of her junior career she studied Fashion and Business at the University of Uppsala in 2014, before succeeding to Siri Cornetsson on the pro tour at the fall of 2014. Miranda Frost finished her first full pro season 2015 as number 8 before storming to the number 1 in July 2016, barely 22 months after her pro debut. At the end of 2016 Miranda Frost won the Fed Cup title with Sweden. In February 2017 she won her already 15h singles title in Saint Petersburg. In doubles she won her only pro Grand Slam title with Xhaka Ymer at Roland Garros 2016.

In opposite to her precessor Siri Cornetsson, Miranda Frost loves playing on grass and Wimbledon is her favourite tournament. She was watching the final of 2008 between Cornetsson-Whitten as a 12 year old, which she stated as the moment she decided to become a tennis player. She has a secret crush for Pierce Brosnan who has been seen in the crowd of FWTT Wimbledon matches from time to time.

Background:

Full Name: Miranda Frost

Nickname(s): Miri

Place of birth: Stockholm, Sweden

Any pets?: A cat named Selina

What’s the most played song on your I-tunes? I listen to Adele alot

If you could have dinner with anyone (living or dead) who would it be and why? With Pierce Brosnan as he is pretty cool

If you could do anything other than be a tennis player, what would you do? I would probably be a designer

Favorites:

Food? Kanelbulle, a Swedish christmas cake

Movie? Roman Polanski- The Ghostwriter

Drink? Ice Tea

City? Singapore is very nice

About your tennis life:

What’s your biggest strength? Serve, forehand, stamina
What’s your biggest weakness? Backhand
What’s your dream tournament to win? Wimbledon
Who is your best friend on tour? Xhaka, Alina, Suzanne, Elise
Who is your biggest rival on tour and why? Probably Kathleen Pryde-Degman as all our matches are so close
What’s your most memorable achievement? Becoming the world number 1
Do you have any superstitions on court? Not really, but I won't dye my hair dark again

About your fellow tennis players:

Who is the drama queen? Xhaka
Who is the funniest? Elise
Who is the bitchiest? Vittoria and Ruflina for being anti-Sweden
Who is the most likely to wind up in jail? Probably Lindsay, where is she now?
Who is the prettiest? Bianka
Who is Miss Congeniality (the nicest/sweetest)? Suzanne

·
Registered
47,896 Posts
Vittoria feels honoured to be known as "the bitch" by almost everyone :eek:h:
well if I had to choose between you as a bitch, I would rather hanging around with you than hanging around "mentally unstable player obese Xhaka" :lol: she is getting on my nerve especially always congratulate those players who defeated me!

·
Registered
24,193 Posts
It would be great to have an interview of every player and that every player still missing would post an interview by themselves :D :kiss:

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Getting to know…. Josephine Tyler-Malone

The American teenager made a splash on the FWTT during 2017. In just her second event she upset two-time defending champion Vittoria Perez in the first round at Roland Garros. Whilst she struggled to build much momentum in singles she impressed in doubles reaching SF at US Open (w/Barbosa) and winning first title at Quebec City (w/Kovskaya). She also reached Mixed Doubles final at the US Open (w/Safin).

Background:

Full Name: Josephine Tyler-Malone

Nickname(s): Josie or Phine. Never Jo/Joe; my brother is Joe.

Place of birth: South Lake Tahoe, California.

Number of siblings: Five! If you can believe that. I have three brothers: Joseph (23), Jacob (21) and Jesse (13) and two sisters: Jennifer (25) and Janine (13). Yes Jesse and Janine are twins.

Any pets?: Yeah, we have four Siberian Huskies at home.

What’s the most played song on your iTunes? Hmm. Not sure, I have Apple Music so it could be anything. At the moment, Lorde’s ‘Melodrama’ is on repeat.

If you could have dinner with anyone (living or dead) who would it be and why? Erm, I have no clue. (Laughing.) I guess the Obama’s. That would be cool.

If you could do anything other than be a tennis player, what would you do? Again, no idea, (Laughing). I guess I’d go to college and try and figure it out, like everybody else. I was close to actually going to college and I will go after tennis.

Favorites:

Food? Anything and everything.

Movie? I’m more a binge watch TV show on Netflix kinda girl.

Drink? Starbucks Mocha or Coke Zero; ha… when i’m allowed.

City? I need to do more exploring the cities i’ve visited with tennis; but San Francisco is my favourite place. I will live there some day. I love LA too. My hometown is pretty amazing too. I love being home.

About your tennis life:

What’s your biggest strength? I’m quick, that helps, my forehand is my main weapon I guess.

What’s your biggest weakness? My serve. I’m too short. (Laughing). We working on the serve; that was the focus during the off-season. You know, I can hit some good serves but I don’t have the consistency... yet!

What’s your dream tournament to win? US Open, but really, any Grand Slam.

Who is your best friend on tour? I haven’t really been around long enough to make real friends on Tour; but i’m close with Anna (Barbosa) and Magdalena (Kovskaya).

Who is your biggest rival on tour and why? Again… I need more results to claim any kind of rivalry. (Laughing). I guess with the newcomers from 2017; It’s Anna and Magdalena who made the biggest waves. Also the Korean girl.

What’s your most memorable achievement? Of course the US Open final with Marat (Safin). It hurt so much to lose, so it gave me desire to get the win one day.

Do you have any superstitions on court? I don’t think so. (Laughing). Do I?

About your fellow tennis players:

Who is the drama queen? (Laughing). Ask me next year.

Who is the funniest? Erm. I couldn’t honestly say. This sounds bad. But you know, I’m kind of in my own world, at tournaments. So I don’t notice these things.

Who is the bitchiest? Well, Vittoria (Perez) has not even acknowledged my presence anywhere, never-mind, spoke to me since Paris. I just get evil looks. So I guess, yeah, thats my answer.

Who is the most likely to wind up in jail? Seriously? What the….

Who is the prettiest? Seriously?… Who wrote these questions.

Who is Miss Congeniality (the nicest/sweetest)? Well, Jennifer (Casanova) has been really sweet to me for sure.​

Note: I cannot figure out how to get photos to appear in the post, so left those out.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts