Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey can anyone shed any light on this? I know this is WTA but there used to be a link to a similar ATP site here. I was watching the Roddick/Blake match and the Bryan brothers were being interviewed. They mentioned that ATP was basically trying to take doubles out of the picture all together...wanting doubles players to play a FOUR GAME SET, playing lets, etc. They were not very happy during the interview, but I missed most of the conversation....I was just wondering if anyone here can shed any light on what the heck is going on...thanks!

I hear that it is supposed to encourage more top ranked players to play doubles...this is sounding weird to me.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Change the thread title a bit and we have a decent tennis debate (not only mens)...like do you think it will also happen to the WTA in singles?

Yep, after this year´s US Open, mens doubles will play till 5 sets. When it 4-4 in a set, a tiebreak will be played and when it´s deuce, the next point decides...no advantage anymore.

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
In the wisdom of the higher ups... :rolleyes: ...they've decided to radically change doubles to get higher ranked tennis players to play. GoDominique posted a thread on this...I'm too lazy to search for it, though. :tape:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts